looking for my first detector

IzzyFromCali

i am new to this hobby and Im looking to purchase my first metal detector under $150. any advice

There might be others but the Teknetics EuroTek and the Tesoro Compadre are two good detectors that are in that price range give or take a few dollars.

thank you for the advice skiwhiz. i was planing to purchase a teknetics eurotek but took an offer from a member for a bounty hunter the outback. it was way under my buget and now i would be able to buy some accessories.

thank you for the advice skiwhiz. i was planing to purchase a teknetics eurotek but took an offer from a member for a bounty hunter the outback. it was way under my buget and now i would be able to buy some accessories.

Your post really struck home when you mentioned the Bounty Hunter Outback.
I used a Outback for years prior to buying my AT Pro, and I still enjoy its simplicity and sheer fun it brings with its tones and squacks.
Not long ago I heard that there was a trail near here which ran right through the Town of Steilacoom, and it was so littered with pennies a metal detector was useless.
At that time my grandson was on vacation from his studies so I bundled him, the Bounty Hunter and my ATP up for a afternoon of metal detecting along this trail.
Arriving at the trail, equipped with the Bounty Hunter, my grandson immediately began digging pennies, nickels and dimes.
My AT Pro with the 8.5X11" coil wasted no time in finding a old license plate and a vintage Ford Mustang bumper.
Loads of tin foil candy wrappers and pop bottle tops for me and a couple dollars in clad for my grandson later, he became tired of digging and suggested we call it a day.
Vanity played no part in my quick agreement.
A fun day and priceless interaction with my grandson.....but the Bounty Hunter Outback won hands down over my AT Pro in a highly mineralized and really junk cluttered area.
When this event actually happened I posted the story on FMDF and got sone critical comments about its validity.
True, maybe 51% of the success enjoyed by my grandson was creditable to who he was rather than what he was swinging....but isn't that what this hobby is all about....and he still prefers the Outback to the ATP.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Handheld

Your post really struck home when you mentioned the Bounty Hunter Outback.
I used a Outback for years prior to buying my AT Pro, and I still enjoy its simplicity and sheer fun it brings with its tones and squacks.
Not long ago I heard that there was a trail near here which ran right through the Town of Steilacoom, and it was so littered with pennies a metal detector was useless.
At that time my grandson was on vacation from his studies so I bundled him, the Bounty Hunter and my ATP up for a afternoon of metal detecting along this trail.
Arriving at the trail, equipped with the Bounty Hunter, my grandson immediately began digging pennies, nickels and dimes.
My AT Pro with the 8.5X11" coil wasted no time in finding a old license plate and a vintage Ford Mustang bumper.
Loads of tin foil candy wrappers and pop bottle tops for me and a couple dollars in clad for my grandson later, he became tired of digging and suggested we call it a day.
Vanity played no part in my quick agreement.
A fun day and priceless interaction with my grandson.....but the Bounty Hunter Outback won hands down over my AT Pro in a highly mineralized and really junk cluttered area.
When this event actually happened I posted the story on FMDF and got sone critical comments about its validity.
True, maybe 51% of the success enjoyed by my grandson was creditable to who he was rather than what he was swinging....but isn't that what this hobby is all about....and he still prefers the Outback to the ATP.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Handheld

you revived a months old thread.

new MD

There might be others but the Teknetics EuroTek and the Tesoro Compadre are two good detectors that are in that price range give or take a few dollars.
X2, I have a compadre, gave my stepson a ETP. great machines.

Back
Top Bottom