Huntin in the desert.

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Went out yesterday pokin around in the desert. It was super trashy lots of cans, nails 'and other awesome stuff.:roll::no::no: I did manage to find one coin a 1954 wheat. I also dug a few levi strauss buttons -dont know if their old ones or not? On top of the ground I found the two small buckles and the wire thing -don't know what that is, the two ends are sharp for stickin in something? About the small buckles, I never have found any like these-any one know anything about these out there? They look older than anythig I have found so far. The next picture is of a desert creature-I believe it's a horny toad-he kept me company briefly- long enough for a picture. And recently I figured out how to cover more ground metal detecting-I had myself cloned-now the 3 of us should be able to really find some good stuff!!:lol: Thanks for lookin and happy huntin! TONY AZ:cool:

Attachments

• 071 (1).JPG
    071 (1).JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 435
  • 071 (2).JPG
    071 (2).JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 071 (3).JPG
    071 (3).JPG
    123 KB · Views: 442
  • 074.JPG
    074.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 406
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 420
Love the horny toad! You know they are good luck and sadly becoming rare to see. Those 'buckles' are more like guide for a leather or cloth strap to go through. I don't know what they are called, but I have found numerous ones.

gee, i don't know about that cloning..... what if one of yourselves finds something really valuable? man, that would be a nasty fight with yourself(s). :laughing::laughing:
cool finds! cool little toad too! :yes: i could have used one of those today as a hunting partner..... he'd have had his share of mosquitoes! :lol:

Pete

the buckles look like saddle hardware. the horned toad is cool and is indeed getting rare. here in Texas everyone is poisoning for ants and that is their food. sad

I have found those (buckles) before including one today that is identical to yours (with the spikes) it still works. I think they are all suspender clamps/buckles. That isn't a shotgun headstamp on the right is it? Cool finds.

Nice finds! Love the Horned Toad pic! It is great! You have found a couple of interesting shotshell heads. The one on the left in the pic above the Horned Toad is a great Federal line of shells. The Salvo headstamp is a completely new one for me. The only info that I have found has come from "Google" with no sources checked. Most sites say that it is a shell from Yogoslavia.

Great finds and great pics!
Doug

I lucked out Doug and the 3rd box of my collection I unpacked was my rusty gun finds. Couple toy guns I had detected in there too. Posted them in "finds" I thought the SALVO one was oddball.

Back
Top Bottom