3 copper day. Finnaly 1600's? William and Mary may know.

Sniffy

So today I got out with HEAVYMETALNUT on a WINDY colonial hunt. We decided to try one of his sites that he hasn't spent a large amount of time ....A nice center hearth colonial cellar hole. It was pretty tough today with the snow but I managed to pull a nice handful of keepers. The mercury dime was a freak show.....automatically I thought capped bust dime or seated.....but look at her in all her 1918 glory. Then I decided to hunt the old road....and I got a nice deep signal on the T2...it was reading low but it ended up being my first copper of the day. I believe this coin to be a William and Mary which finnaly lands me a spot in the 1600's club..lol...The rest of the afternoon was pretty good, I managed a nice Connecticut and King George III a broken ornate shoebuckle....couple musket balls, buttons, and a brass pull....The targets here you REALLY have to work hard for. Dave also did well....All in all I had an awesome day. Thanks for lookin folks!

Attachments

• IMG_5980_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_5980_edited-1.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_5981_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_5981_edited-1.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_5984_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_5984_edited-1.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_5985_edited-1.JPG
    IMG_5985_edited-1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 351
Great finds!! My coppers NEVER look that good. I have found several and haven't posted them because I can't get a picture of anything but a copper circle!!

Back
Top Bottom