Central Ohio Hunt Club - First Hunt on November 9th

Rotinaj

I am offering to set up an informal metal detecting get together for those in the Central Ohio region….

Don’t know what kind of interest there is out there for a club, and perhaps there are a few clubs that have already started in this area. Have only met only one other MDer in my travels around town.

I would prefer it to be an informal club to begin with, more meeting where/when we detect, the most formal would be perhaps a breakfast before the hunt with an information briefing given. More time spent detecting, less time talking.

I am willing to start out to see if there is any interest by hosting a hunt at a park where I just recently only covered 15% of the area and pulled out two silver coins. I will schedule this for the morning of Saturday, November the 9th. When I return there, I will run my AT Pro all open, since I feel there has not ever been any effective metal detecting there. It is located North of Columbus (past Polaris Parkway) if you know where that is. I will provide the time and location of the rally point on the evening prior to the hunt (and also make a weather call)

I am predominately looking for coins and jewelry. So those will be the kind of locations that I will try to obtain permission for.

Simple rules, cut clean plugs, leave no trace, take out all trash with you and respect the locals, the land and each other….

I may be able to get access to some other good places, but would expect others to provide suggestions and assist with getting permission to hunt as well as share experience with all.

I realize it is getting cold, and we will soon be froze out here, but I believe metal detecting is more enjoyable with others to share your victory, and unfortunately some time, to just show off some Zincolns.

All levels of ability are welcome. I have logged over 500 hours with an AT Pro, so that it what I know best. I am not an expert by any means, but am certainly not a newbie…..

If you are interested, PM me and we will see where this will go…

Here are pics from the Park we will be going to... I only covered 15%

20131026_091442_zps58b07263.jpg

20131026_091511_zpse579ab6c.jpg

20131026_094922_zps4033ddbd.jpg

20131026_094946_zps3315e2f8.jpg

20131026_095027_zps333781b7.jpg

20131026_095047_zpsea08381e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom