Scare with the Nox

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Went up for my first beach hunt of the year in Tahoe. Toward the end of the day the Nox went all erratic. I checked my connection and the coil cord had loosened up at the connection to the control. Not sure how much of the day I had been hunting in the water with a loose connection. Came home, dried it out. Looked like the programs weren’t reading right. Did a factory reset this morning and I think it’s running smoother than before. Promptly pulled some clad out of my lawn at 7” depth that I had somehow missed.

Going to do a precheck of my cord connection every time I do a water hunt now!

Chris, something like this happened to that friend "Brian" that you met : A year or so earlier, he was having a dickens of a time at a *certain* site we we were at. He was only able to get a few large obvious targets, while I never lacked for signals :(

It wasn't till we'd left there, and gone to another site later that day, that he figured out the problem : When he went to swap out coil sizes, and went to remove his current coil, the chord connect just about fell off in his fingers. With barely touching it. In other words: It hadn't been screwed in tight/correctly. Thus it wasn't till THEN that he realized why he'd been having such a dickens of a time at the previous site :no:

Chris, something like this happened to that friend "Brian" that you met : A year or so earlier, he was having a dickens of a time at a *certain* site we we were at. He was only able to get a few large obvious targets, while I never lacked for signals :(

It wasn't till we'd left there, and gone to another site later that day, that he figured out the problem : When he went to swap out coil sizes, and went to remove his current coil, the chord connect just about fell off in his fingers. With barely touching it. In other words: It hadn't been screwed in tight/correctly. Thus it wasn't till THEN that he realized why he'd been having such a dickens of a time at the previous site :no:

After 10 years in the hobby, I have personally experienced what Tom said more times than I want to admit. Mind you, it doesn't take a torque wrench to tighten a bulkhead connector, but a tug with two fingers before each hunt, can save embarrassment. DON'T OVER TIGHTEN.

We all pull some of those not so bright stunts. Some of us will not admit it but I drove 32 miles one morning to arrive at the beach before sunrise. Got everything ready and walked to the entrance to the beach and could not understand why my machine would not turn on. I knew that I had charged both batteries. Then I realized that both batteries were waiting at home for me to take them detecting. 64 miles later I was back at the beach properly prepared to detect.

We all pull some of those not so bright stunts. Some of us will not admit it but I drove 32 miles one morning to arrive at the beach before sunrise. Got everything ready and walked to the entrance to the beach and could not understand why my machine would not turn on. I knew that I had charged both batteries. Then I realized that both batteries were waiting at home for me to take them detecting. 64 miles later I was back at the beach properly prepared to detect.

:lol::shock::lol:

I have headphones on my excal that you can disconnect. I drove a good while and found out the hard way i left them at the house hooked to my CTX. You aren't hearing an excal without headphones:lol:

Back
Top Bottom