Outhouse luck as jewelery streak continues!

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.....Lord love a duck you bouys must think I make these things up but let me tell you I'm not a few herring short of a school. Here goes todays adventure!

Marie arrived home from work and gave me "permission" to go out for a few hours which meant that she wanted some time to relax with me out of her hair.

With that was out the door and down the Old Beaverbank Rd to where there was an old path that leads to a dam. Man was it mucky. Was going after some old coins as I didn't feel up to penny popping today as the "Dominican Rum Revenge " had not completely passed yet and bending down repeatedly could cause some unexpected results.

Sloshing through the path I finally reached the dam and lake area which was worth the walk and peaceful too boot. Meandered through the various paths finding just a few targets that turned out to be just pennies so I headed out with plans to hit a local beach on a lake. Opening Goquickski's trunk I was instantly downhearted as I had lost my favourite digging knife having to resort to my backup one. Here it was very muddy and on the second target got an iffey sound but decided to dig it anyways....well son of a sea horse this is what greeted me!

Even the old Garrett Freedom 3 Plus is not that good that it could pick the chain up at that depth so I swung again hoping to find a locket or something but did get a signal which turned out to be crushed bottle cap. Pays once in a blue moon to dig a bad signal.

Decided there and then to call it a day and return to where I thought I'd lost my knife. Found a knife alright. Man that thing is a little out of it's area as there is no sugar cane here that needs chopping but maybe something that could be rolled and smoked or used as a prop in a horror movie. Did find my knife as well.

Take for the short hunt was a machette, the chain (markings on clasp are 750 and 1 ar) and 11 coins @twenty cents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[

Attachments

• gpath.jpg
    gpath.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 666
  • ginhole.jpg
    ginhole.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 676
  • gmachette.jpg
    gmachette.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 671
  • gloot.jpg
    gloot.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 666
Was going after some old coins as I didn't feel up to penny popping today as the "Dominican Rum Revenge " had not completely passed yet and bending down repeatedly could cause some unexpected results.

[

This takes the cake as the funny thing I have read today, this week, and maybe even for the whole year so far!

Nice finds! I always love the pics.

Nice story Leslie, as always!
Glad you were able to find your knife and that chain looks good.

Still looks pretty chilly up there eh?

I have lost more probes then I would care to mention.

By the way Les, I finally picked up the May WET issue and read your Falmouth Inn artical. That picture of you talking to Cheryl, was that before or after your boot got stuck in the mud?

yo Corbon

From the land of the Bluenose....as a matter of fact was up to visit Cheryl the other day as our mutal friend Pat is on her death bed . We said a prayer and talked for quite sometie and of course she brought up th boot incident. Going to hit that place again in the fall after the harvest...still more there. Happy hunting sir.

Back
Top Bottom