• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Englewood,FL metal detecting

OverKill

Hi,
I'm new to MDing and am going to Englewood, FL, March 14-19, to visit my parents who bought a place there last year. I don't know the area there and would like to know a good place there to hunt. I know Englewood Beach would probably be the closest.
Thanks

I hunted the beach there last year, i also have family there. First thing you will find out is the main beach is a PAY by the hour beach. Now if you go north on the island at the end there is a part you dont have to pay. I didnt get rich there last year, but i didnt hunt IN the water either. There seemed to be several people on the beach as the weather got warmer. So your best bet is early in the AM or a few hours before the sunset. People also come out there to watch the sunset... not real crowded then. There were several people detecting in the AM not so many in the evening. Check the low tide times. It has a pretty good cut for high tide. I dont remember seeing any people detecting in the water. Kind of hard to say how you would do there since i dont know the kind of detector you have. If its a single freq the dry sand is pretty deep and loose and gets turned in the morning. Good luck.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom