Droop Wing eagle button camp art

Theshanksintact

I dug this Confederate officers button recently and wanted to share it with everyone it still blows my mind and was a first for me. I can't believe that a soldier sat there and carved this hole in the front making it look like it's blown out like a bullet hole! I dug this near King George county Virginia and was using the nox 800. I also found other buttons near it and my buddy got a beautiful script I on the same property. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_065814_289.jpg
    IMG_20210112_065814_289.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 748
That is definitely a nice be if a kind find. If only it could talk the stories it could tell. Congratulations.

I think if it was a bullet hole, it wouldn’t be such a clean cut and there would be much more damage to the button. Very nice find.

Obviously if it's a coat button, and it was a real bullet hole the exit would be in the back of the bullet not the front.

That was a very unique find. I doubt if anyone will post another one like that.

You would be surprised what soldiers do with their free down time. In the Army it was a lot of time, "Hurry up!, and wait."

I remember soldiers in our barracks in the 60's would make rings out of silver 50 cent pieces.

Back
Top Bottom