Nokta Impact information

Dilek a question,

Where will the version update for updating detector,,,where will it be placed on the Nokta website??

Impact wireless headphones.

I have been getting around 10 hours run time on them on a charge.

These same headphones also can be run hard wired if you have battery power problems. Outside ambient temp average 50 degrees.

TNSS, what does the ambient temp mean? 50 is the temp I get out of the water and into the woods.

Is 50 the recommended low temp limit? Or was this your operating temp for battery life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNSS, what does the ambient temp mean? 50 is the temp I get out of the water and into the woods.

Is 50 the recommended low temp limit? Or was this your operating temp for battery life?

When running the wireless here reporting,,,the average outside temp was 50 degrees F.

It was colder than 50 F when I would start,,,and warming than 50 F when I was done.
Or warmer than 50 F when I started and cooler than 50 F when I finished.

Outside temps,,especially cooler or colder can affect batteries.

Can also affect batteries in actual detector too.

Storage temps talked about under warnings in the beginning of manual.
http://noktadetectors.com/downloads/impact-user-manual.pdf

Last edited:

When running the wireless here reporting,,,the average outside temp was 50 degrees F.

It was colder than 50 F when I would start,,,and warming than 50 F when I was done.

Or warmer than 50 F when I started and cooler than 50 F when I finished.

Outside temps,,especially cooler or colder can affect batteries.

Can also affect batteries in actual detector too.

Storage temps talked about under warnings in the beginning of manual.

http://noktadetectors.com/downloads/impact-user-manual.pdf

Thanks, I don't store with batteries in my machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNSS, you may have already covered this but this thread is to long to read through. I am 6'4" tall and was wondering about the length, fully extended. I heard some concern on another forum about the length or lack of length in the bottom shaft. How tall are you and do you see any issue with someone my height. I guess I have average length arms.

Thanks

Choppadude will make a find tester too.
I can't wait until he gets one to test and post about.

Lot of work,,I can say.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I would love the opportunity to test the impact. Where you are more of a technical type, I am the out in the field push the buttons and see what happens type
. I think both types are needed in testing. Sometimes things work different than you would expect and new approaches can be taken.
I am not saying my opinion would shake anything up and feel that Nokia did wise in thier choice of testers. I have been known to be rough on my units out in the field (just ask my DEUS LOL!) so I like to see How things hold up in actual use. I would definitely put one through its paces and see if there are any weak spots.
I am thinking that I will be using some Nokta products in the near future.

Hoping this thread does not get deleted as there a much good info here

TNSS, you may have already covered this but this thread is to long to read through. I am 6'4" tall and was wondering about the length, fully extended. I heard some concern on another forum about the length or lack of length in the bottom shaft. How tall are you and do you see any issue with someone my height. I guess I have average length arms.

Thanks

Tell you what,,you ask a good question.
I am 5'11" tall.

Let me get some thing to stand on and play around a little and I will report back here.
Alright,
Here is what I did.
You see my height above,,I am according to my wing span extremely proportionally built.
Wing span finger tips = my height

Now,I actually stood on a step 7.5" tall,,and while wearing boots with a 1.25" tall heel,,,the rod works for detecting for me doing this.

Should say,,there was only a smidge more adjustment here in rod. Meaning if the step in my case here would have been another maybe half inch taller,,,would be tough for me to use my normal stance in sweeping coil. Could have done I think of step was .25" taller.

Hope this helps you,,and other taller folks too.

More info here for better understanding.
The Impact lower rod is marked in a section in 1" increments.
My normal setting is while using is at the 4.5" mark.
On these steps I had to adjust rod out past the 0 mark one half inch(so 5" total),,to use properly while standing on the step and wearing my boots.
Extremely close to the limits here.

Here is a pic,,IMO this is showing lower rod at max extended length.
To clarify here,,the actual inch increment are where the numbers are located,,little marks can be seen,,I have measured with ruler too,,they are 1" apart. You probably can't see them well in the pic.

Last edited:
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I would love the opportunity to test the impact. Where you are more of a technical type, I am the out in the field push the buttons and see what happens type
. I think both types are needed in testing. Sometimes things work different than you would expect and new approaches can be taken.
I am not saying my opinion would shake anything up and feel that Nokia did wise in thier choice of testers. I have been known to be rough on my units out in the field (just ask my DEUS LOL!) so I like to see How things hold up in actual use. I would definitely put one through its paces and see if there are any weak spots.

Testers shouldn't be alike,,,it's a team effort,,you just can't see or talk to the other testers(a lot of the rest of the team).

In the end though,you will see the big pic of your efforts and time.

Thanks TNSS for taking the time and checking on the length for us taller folks, looks like it will work out fine.

Thanks.

Im 6 ft, and I like to keep the coil way out there, wider sweeps, but mostly when I wear my Sampson and run a deep program, the coil can sometimes p/u the shovel on the left swing.

Choppadude
I threw you out there because your posts reek of integrity without any seemingly bias.
Hope you maintain your current status as being respected!
If you run off the rails I'll not show you any mercy either LOL
Posters like you are greatly appreciated!

You are welcome.

Thanks to both of you, TNSS and Randyntx, for bringing up this height
discussion. I'm the guy that brought up the issue over on
another forum, where I'm TallTom. By the way, that's the name
I chose when I first registered on another forum during the period I
was shopping for my first detector. I was concerned that the shaft
wouldn't be long enough for me, so I picked the name to help posters
realize I was the guy trying to find out if a budget detector would fit
me or not.

Anyway, I'm now a bit more optimistic that my on-order Impact
will extend long enough for me to use comfortably. But I'll only know
for sure after I get it. Soon, I hope!

"TallTom" (at 6'6")

Thanks to both of you, TNSS and Randyntx, for bringing up this height
discussion. I'm the guy that brought up the issue over on
another forum, where I'm TallTom. By the way, that's the name
I chose when I first registered on another forum during the period I
was shopping for my first detector. I was concerned that the shaft
wouldn't be long enough for me, so I picked the name to help posters
realize I was the guy trying to find out if a budget detector would fit
me or not.

Anyway, I'm now a bit more optimistic that my on-order Impact
will extend long enough for me to use comfortably. But I'll only know
for sure after I get it. Soon, I hope!

"TallTom" (at 6'6")

You are on the cutting edge,,I hope it works for you. Real long arms for your height will sure help.

What detectors do you currently run???
Take one of them get in you normal sweeping stance wearing footwear you usually wear,,,measure the distance from the hand hold (front- coil side) to bottom of coil.
You give me this info,,we might have a better idea.

With Impact rod fully extended,,,and with coil tilted for sweeping,,,measuring from the midpoint on hand hold (front) down to bottom of coil,,in the center
( fore to aft) = 40.5"

Choppadude
I threw you out there because your posts reek of integrity without any seemingly bias.
Hope you maintain your current status as being respected!
If you run off the rails I'll not show you any mercy either LOL
Posters like you are greatly appreciated!

Well I am humbled by your comments. I really try to be the type of person that says what he mean and means what he says. As far as detecting goes, I have doing this for almost 40 years and I LOVE it! From my first BFO unit right up to the latest and greatest and everything in between. I guess being a mechanic has also helped as it has made me appreciate having the right tool for the job. Some tools are a specialty for just one task and others have multiple uses. I see detectors the same way. When you have the right tool for the job things are just easier.
One other thing I have learned in life is that when you tell the truth you never have to remember your story. That is why I call it as I see it, life is much too short for regrets so I try to be as honest as one can without being hurtful. Some will remember TNSS and I going round and round more than once but in the end we both decided to focus on the things we agree on. We are still at different ends of the spectrum but have found common ground. Life is so much easier that way.
Thanks again for the kind words and the offer to keep me one the straight and narrow

You are on the cutting edge,,I hope it works for you. Real long arms for your height will sure help.

What detectors do you currently run???
Take one of them get in you normal sweeping stance wearing footwear you usually wear,,,measure the distance from the hand hold (front- coil side) to bottom of coil.
You give me this info,,we might have a better idea.

With Impact rod fully extended,,,and with coil tilted for sweeping,,,measuring from the midpoint on hand hold (front) down to bottom of coil,,in the center
( fore to aft) = 40.5"

I'm using my original Makro Racer right now. With the shaft fully extended,
it measures 41" from the bottom center of the coil to the center of the
close (to the coil) edge of the handle. I think that's the distance you described.
This is the length I use when I detect with the Racer, and the shaft is
fully extended to the last hole on the shaft.

So if we're talking about the same thing, it sounds like the Impact is
within half an inch of the same length. If that's the case, I should be fine.

Thanks!

--Tom

close (to the coil) edge of the handle. I think that's the distance you described.

Thanks!

--Tom

That sounds right.

Thanks!

--Tom

Not sure if you can mod that one this way? But some of my friends are tall. Ones 6'9". This is how you mod a CTX for tall guys.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=196688

Back
Top Bottom