I could use a little help

I just googled 'eagle knife pommel' The pictures sort of look like what you got there...since its got a short neck, I thought it might be a large knife pommel....thats what it might be off of..a large Bowie styled knife..or a sword like Coinshark showed..those pics look about right....

I agree though, I'd try to make myself something out of it like a cane...heck, you might even try to electroplate it with silver scrap you have found? I'm sure theres youtube vids showing how to electroplate that using some trash park silver? Anyway! Very Cool!
Pretty good idea thank you very much

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Thank you

That is a civil war era saddle pommel.

Taz thank you, I think you might be right. When I scraped it out rusty metal came out. Would that be mounted on some type of metal on a saddle ? It appears to be brass . Someone suggested maybe a bloodstain on the one side. Your imagination could run wild on that huh? And something that old has to be my coolest find. Again Thanks Mark

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 20170328_045028.jpg
    20170328_045028.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 121
  • 20170328_045206.jpg
    20170328_045206.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 20170328_045248.jpg
    20170328_045248.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 120
Sorry so long to ID but good news

Hunting an old abandoned farm I found this, could it be a top from a walking stick or a sword? anybody? also this place is pretty old, can anybody help with the date on this. Also found a rather large ballbearing, but its all lumpy, not round at all,and what uses a bearing this size, its got to be an inch in diameter. ANY HELP ?

Sorry it's been so long to ID, but the good news is....

It's the pommel cap from an Eagle Head Sword. Common in Britain and USA 1812-1830

Thanks

Sorry it's been so long to ID, but the good news is....

It's the pommel cap from an Eagle Head Sword. Common in Britain and USA 1812-1830

Thom, thank you how did you determine the Id ? The closest Id I had on it was a saddle pommel from the same period but when I looked at the example it had a round base mounted on wood where as mine was rectangular with iron residue in it. No matter it still remains my coolest find. Thanks again Mark

Mark no matter what the eagle head is from, it's really a unique find. If it's rusty inside I would think it was from a sword or something that was metal and was attached to it. Congrats on a great find.

Back
Top Bottom