Windows 10

jruckman38

Elite Member
So you need a computer that has windows 10 to uninstall the 3.0 software. What was the old software 2.0 I don’t want to reinstall the wrong one. Thanks

So you need a computer that has windows 10 to uninstall the 3.0 software. What was the old software 2.0 I don’t want to reinstall the wrong one. Thanks

Yeah, looks like Equinox 2.0.1 or 3.0 are the choices.

Really a (censored) move by Minelab to *require* windows 10. Seriously? I guess win 7 support did stop before the Equinii came out, but still...

Windows 10 is pretty picky regarding security, particularly in video hardware requirements (why this matters, I don't know), so some older computers, especially laptops, are sol trying to install it.

I've had good luck with university/state surplus desktop pcs ~3-5 years old and some similarly aged corporate retirees I got off shopgoodwill.com. Sometimes they come with fresh installs of Windows 10. Usually i5 machines, $100-150ish, plenty of life left in them.

Vague. Are you running a desktop? Otherwise I have no clue because I ditched Windows years ago, seven. 3.0, 2.0? I this a PC upgrade?

Well Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 completely in January of this year. I could not blame any company for not having software to be compatible with an old version that is well out of date with security patches.

Yeah, looks like Equinox 2.0.1 or 3.0 are the choices.

Really a (censored) move by Minelab to *require* windows 10. Seriously? I guess win 7 support did stop before the Equinii came out, but still...

Windows 10 is pretty picky regarding security, particularly in video hardware requirements (why this matters, I don't know), so some older computers, especially laptops, are sol trying to install it.

I've had good luck with university/state surplus desktop pcs ~3-5 years old and some similarly aged corporate retirees I got off shopgoodwill.com. Sometimes they come with fresh installs of Windows 10. Usually i5 machines, $100-150ish, plenty of life left in them.
Thank you. I don’t care for the new update I wish they would of asked me first before they did the update. I would of told them no.

You can force Win software to run on older machines running previous versions of windows. Its called compatibility mode. D/L the minelab v3.0 installer and then right click on it. Should be an option to select compatibilty mode, and then a pull down menu to select which version of windows you would like it to run as. Ymmv. Ive read threads here of folks successfully getting the installer to run on win7. It might even run without forcing it into compatibility mode. Have you tried?

Retraction!

So I must have seen the Win 10 requirement when I installed the Equinox updaters, so I put them on my Win 10 machine.

Just tried Windows 7 (Pro 64 SP1) The Equinox 3.0 installer ran just fine, I did not jump though any hoops, it saw my 600 and told me it was up to date. 2.0 installer worked as well. Hitting the 3 dots in the lower right corner -- both versions offered to downgrade me to 1.5.0 1.7.5 or 2.1.12. I didn't follow through on that, but it's seeing the detector and what version it's on, so surely it would work...

Jruckman38, did you try a Win 7 machine, or assume like I did it had to be Win 10?

So I must have seen the Win 10 requirement when I installed the Equinox updaters, so I put them on my Win 10 machine.

Just tried Windows 7 (Pro 64 SP1) The Equinox 3.0 installer ran just fine, I did not jump though any hoops, it saw my 600 and told me it was up to date. 2.0 installer worked as well. Hitting the 3 dots in the lower right corner -- both versions offered to downgrade me to 1.5.0 1.7.5 or 2.1.12. I didn't follow through on that, but it's seeing the detector and what version it's on, so surely it would work...

Jruckman38, did you try a Win 7 machine, or assume like I did it had to be Win 10?

I just figured it needed to be win 10

Back
Top Bottom