Who is your favorite youtube metal detecting personality?

My #1 favorite is Metal Detecting East Texas with Kevin. He uses an AT Pro, but close enough to my two AT Max machines. He explains signals, techniques, and shows some of the !!!! that a decent signal produces. Just a regular guy who's found 300+ rings. I've learned more from him than any other YouTube channel. Matter of fact, I found ring #16 today.

Green Mountain Metal Detecting is #2. Without days of travel, I'll never hunt the kinds of places that he hunts, but his videos are outstanding and entertaining.

Stealth Diggers is #3, because there is so much passion for the hobby and history.

Dig That Beep. Silver Slingers, Quarter Hoarder. Man, I'd have to go look. There's a ton of good info on YouTube for metal detecting. And a lot of nonsense...takes a bit of watching to figure out what's what.

My go to channels are the Hoover Boys, Relic Recoverist (though there have been fewer detecting videos lately; not loving that), Down South Detecting, and Plugmaster Ford. I watch Gigmaster occasionally.

I used to watch JD's variety channel, but the clickbait titles absolutely kill me (I Dug A Hole By Creek. What I Found SHOCKED Me! Metal Detecting L**** C*** It's Over 200 Years Old!). I'm going to pass on that.

I feel like he had some good content in the past, but most new videos are just looking for views without much to attract viewers.

nuggetnoggin is my favorite by far...they're clean, he always finds neat stuff, and he shares the Gospel in his videos.

Five's for silver.
Six for gold.
Seven for secrets never told.
Devil. Devil. I defy thee.

Hunter GT got me into the hobby...he kinds silly and finds normal park stuff...like me. I like the quarter hoarder, he is always excited by what he finds...not as jaded. The Hoover Boys interaction are funny, but they finds so much they seem jaded. I love finding wheat pennies still. Then there is the Forums...screw youtube :laughing:

Hmmmm, nuggetnoggin or Britt, I'll take nugget over the whatever she is every time. Never seen her before, but that is one ugly in every sense human. Sad that big you know whats draw such a crowd.

Gigmaster, Gary Reed Unfrequented World, Gravediggermax, Admonish the Metal are my favourites. All have a true passion for detecting and have fun doing it.

My favorite metal detecting channel is NuggetNoggin. These videos piqued my interest in detecting and taught me much of what I needed to learn so that I could enjoy the hobby myself. I find intriguing the explorations in some of the videos, and I like the nature/animal shots included in many of them. When it comes to the Scripture he posts, to me it's like he is sharing the gems of truth he's found. :yes:

Nuggetnoggin and SCDigger... also enjoy Stealth Diggers every so often.

Its kind of amazing how far Nuggetnoggin has come.... I used to chat with him in a chat room way back in 2010, and back then he couldn't have had more than a few thousand subs at the most. In fact, just for you that are wondering how big mding has exploded in the last 8 years: In 2010 the largest MD Youtuber I could find was TreasureFiend. Back then he had about 5K-6K subs. Nowadays the largest by far appears to be Nuggetnoggin with over 691K. I never would have thought back then any mder on YouTube would have over 100K subs, much less almost 700K.

My favorite

Hoover Boys, I think? You know, their's quite a few good ones. Kevin is good. I have some more favorites, but I can't think of their names now.
HH everyone

Who is your favorite Youtube personality and Why? Share you thoughts with all of us.

Mine used to be Aquachigger and Nugget Noggin. But now I have refined my list down to Brad at Green Mountain Metal Detecting and Calabash Digger and Relic Recoverists. Jocelyn is much more than a pretty face and great personality. She knows her stuff about metal detecting.

Why Brad? He just does what he does well. He produces quality metal detecting videos and hunts in some of the most beautiful woods and mountains of any Youtube personality. And he has a good relaxing on camera personality in all his videos. Even more fun when Eddie appears on the scene.
The other one I watch the most is Calabash Digger. He is seems to always be seeking the most out of metal detectors and with his efforts to learn we all can benefit by watching his videos. He has a good test garden, but also one with a sandy soil that gives good reading at depth. I am not so fortunate with my area. Like Brad he also gets out and actually hunts. He puts metal detecting first and videos second much like Brad does.

I learn the most form Calabash, he knows many detectors, has strong opinions, his videos are very good instructional videos. In the field some of his days are like most of my days and finds little of value. But then one day he finds the John Adams cuff link. Whoa, can we say "I think I found something good."?

A lot of other Youtube metal detecting stars are focused on the youtube $$$.
Yup GMMD Brad is a great watch I also enjoy Steff digs, both are here in New England and have good personalities

For the entertainment values the Hoover Boys and Plugmaster Ford. Brad of Green Mountain always has great content and puts out a very high quality production. For informational works, Calabash and IDX Monster put out great values in their videos. Both are opinionated and direct and very willing to share some real knowledge. Trapper

The Hoover Boys videos are pretty good and make up the majority of the ones I watch. There's tons other's videos that are absolute garbage. Guys breathing heavy, strong wind noise, beginners not knowing what they're doing, unboxing videos (like no one knows how to take a detector out of a box), guys all excited about a zinc penny, etc.etc.

Back
Top Bottom