todays finds

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
It was like a washing machine out there today with the S winds. I hunted a local beach today assuming i wouldnt get anything just because they hadnt been anyone on the beach. Got a couple of cars and 2 cents....... for 3 hours. Made one more round and got a 12 digital reading on the Nox...... dug a nice pull tab. Not much later i got another 12 digital..... thought pull tab. Not this time it was the silver bracelet. Got out of the water and retested both and both gave a solid 12..... and i think the pull tab sounded better than the bracelet.:lol: The earring is 1.2 grams of 14K ...... digital reading of 1. I tested this earring on my CTX and 3 Xcals....... none of them could see it even in AM..... ugh. So.... dig those pull tabs..... and if you want to disc out small gold grab the CTX and you wont have to dig as much trash. By the way the Nox got that earring both in and out of the water at 4". Second one ive gotten the other machines wouldnt see. Its only about $30 worth of gold....... but how many silvers do you have to dig to make $30? The bracelet is 15.4 grams of silver....... but worth 1/2 of what the earring is in melt. So..... everybody think small gold that other detectors wont hit falls thru the scoop?

Attachments

• 20180808_134951.jpg
    20180808_134951.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Got the same type of water conditions here what with a hurricane churning up the surf about 150 miles south of us. before that the Box Jellies had something to say about wading.

Congrats on the gold. Any gold is good gold! As for me.. staying out of the water for a day or two till things calm down.

Ours has just been Red Tide this year...... nasty stuff keeping people off the beach. Just really green out there .... pea green with a lot of floating sea weed and grass. Winds out of the S was pushing some rollers down the beach and tide seemed about 2' higher. We are pretty lucky here in the Gulf..... we dont get the jelly fish like the other side does. Hate the hurricanes.......tis the season lets keep our fingers crossed.

:dingding: Congrats on the gold and the really nice looking bracelet - very nice! I think I would die if I hunted for that long for such few targets.

Read in the paper today where i was hunting 6 more dolphins dead..... red tide suspected.

Thanks everyone. Felix.... time in Gulf isnt bad. Most of the time you arent fighting the water and i can hunt twice as much as dry sand...... its just hot and the detector gets heavy dry sand hunting.

By the way the Nox got that earring both in and out of the water at 4". Second one ive gotten the other machines wouldnt see. Its only about $30 worth of gold....... but how many silvers do you have to dig to make $30? The bracelet is 15.4 grams of silver....... but worth 1/2 of what the earring is in melt. So..... everybody think small gold that other detectors wont hit falls thru the scoop?
Fantastic write up, and yeah, it does make you wonder. When I got the NOX, I found it often took longer to retrieve targets because many weren't big enough to stand out in the spoils pile. Only way I can speed up the recovery process is to bring along the PP. :lol: Gosh, I always teased folks that did that but now I'm one of them. :laughing:

There are some ladies in my office that were diggin' on that bracelet. Next time you have a batch of stuff ready to melt or sell, let me know. Maybe they'll pay a few bucks more than you would have got. :D

Good job braving the red tide. Only considered braving the red tide though since the news acts like we have the plague around here and everything that's in or touches the gulf is dead or dying. I'd be out there this weekend if I wasn't going to NH.

Thanks for the heads up..... time to plunder before you get back.:lol:

David Connie and I were talking about that bracelet earlier. The double lock hasp makes it appear to be a pricy piece of jewelry. Its extremely well made. She ended up with it. Even as a X-wife shes got her hand in the cookie jar.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom