New Waterproof Excal battery case?

Pilikia

Hi all.
I purchased a new battery from RNB. Super nice guy!
Unfortunately, my battery case is broken. I can still use it for dry hunts, but I do a lot of dive-detecting and I need a replacement underwater casing. I have only found a new case for alkaline batteries that says it is water resistant.

Any idea where I can get a new submersible waterproof casing?

Thanks!

EBay is probably your best bet for something cheap, but you'll have to wait a while. What broke? The case or endcap?

R5

What is wrong with your case? They makes some pretty good plastic ... like lazer bond that turns into hard plastic. Ive used it on a cell phone case clip and other things works pretty good. But.... the reason they say that AA pod is only water resistant has to do with you constantly opening and closing the pod to change batteries. Its a little thinner plastic ..... but replace the battery with a rechargable lith. and seal it with say aqua seal and you should be good. Id be more worried about the O rings in the main pod before i would the battery one for very deep diving.

EBay is probably your best bet for something cheap, but you'll have to wait a while. What broke? The case or endcap?
R5

Hiya... the end cap broke.

HI AQUAMAN! Long time! Hope you're doing well!
Thanks for the tip!! I ordered batteries from RNB Innovations... so I'm just looking for waterproof casing. I don't need the innards.

Any chance you know anyone on island who could repair my remote disc/all metal toggle? My 10" machine only does disc mode now.:?: I'm tired of spending all my finds $ on shipping my machines to the mainland!! :crybaby:

What is wrong with your case? They makes some pretty good plastic ... like lazer bond that turns into hard plastic. Ive used it on a cell phone case clip and other things works pretty good. But.... the reason they say that AA pod is only water resistant has to do with you constantly opening and closing the pod to change batteries. Its a little thinner plastic ..... but replace the battery with a rechargable lith. and seal it with say aqua seal and you should be good. Id be more worried about the O rings in the main pod before i would the battery one for very deep diving.

Sadly, I had to put away metal detecting for over a year due to work. When I took out my machines a few weeks back, my 10" battery casing was cracked, and the wires that attach to the inside of the cap had separated.
If I solder the wires back into the end cap, I can probably use the original case for dry hunting, but I rarely do that. As my tagline suggests... I'm a swimmer.:D

As fate would have it, my 8" excal had a leak in the main pod and shut down 20 min into my first foray back... so I had to send it in too. I was "out of the water" for 2 weeks. I must say, the turnaround on the repair was very quick!

Back
Top Bottom