Getting a better look

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
With all the nice finds we pull from the ground, this piece of equipment should be on everyones desk/workbench. I attached a pic of my favorite tool. A 5x loupe should be as much a part of your gear as anything else. When you have to hand a coin or a piece of jewelry to your child to find out what the hallmark or mintmark is (or date), you know it's long past the time when you should have bought one. Inexpensive, as little as 7 dollars. A must have..... :yes: ...Gil

A loop like this is invaluable to pull up those stubborn little dates on dimes and Indian head pennies when you can't see through the dirt stuck on them. Thanks for the heads up.
:yes:

Wouldn't be without mine. A regular magnifier is ok, but to really see the finer details, you need one of these little beauties for sure.

Wouldn't leave home without one, with my eye sight I can't read the Kt inside the ring anymore, rather than wait till I get back to the vehicle & put my reading glasses on to check out the Gold rings I can do it while I'm in the water. Great tool for sure! H.H.:-)

I picked up a lighted magnifying glass form Radio Shack that's helping me out. Bright little LED's, powered by watch batteries.

Back
Top Bottom