Coin holders?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So I've found some neat coins since starting detecting...nothing of tremendous monetary value, but I'm currently keeping them all in a ziploc bag.

I'd like to store them in a better way and I was thinking of the coin capsules. They're fairly cheap (like 12 bucks for 100 of them with "universal" foam inserts).

How do you store your coins? I've seen the capsules or the cardboard ones. Which do you prefer?

I use SAFLIPS, which are clear 2x2 or 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 mylar holders. I use them because they are safe to put my ancient bronze coins in (they won't leach chemicals that cause bronze disease). There's a dealer on vcoins.com that sells them.

-- Tom

I use the 2x2 holders, on which I write info. I then place the 2x2 in a plastic sheet that has multiple pockets. From there, it goes into a three ring binder. Works great.

I do the same thing as amc rulz... 2x2 plus pages to hold them. I keep a 3 ring album for each year I detect, showing all my silver and best other coin and misc finds.

I keep all mine in 35mm slide holders in a notebook with color coded info post-its behind them.

Last edited:
I keep silver and Indians in a jewelry box. The clad goes to the coin counter to be used for more toys or converted into silver at the coin show.

Back
Top Bottom