Career Best Eyeball Find!!!! .67 Carat Diamond

I have actually "heard" of people who go to Parking Garages and Parking lots at night with a Flashlight and scan the areas looking for a shimmer off of diamonds.. Not 100% convinced this is true but hey no weirder than dumpster diving or many other things I guess.

they say that women can lose them from their rings while bumping their car loading groceries or Unlocking the car with a key.

I’ve also ran into people who go shopping mall parking lots in the winter and search the edges of the melting snow piles from the plows as they melt.

Very nice find. I always keep an eye out for those too...generally it turns out to be a chip of glass, although one time I found a CZ

I would have a gemologist give a written appraisal of that diamond. It is worth the investment if you decide to sell it. I found a .60 carat last year that the gemologist said would retail as is where is for $2800. I sold it for 14 nice one hundred dollar bills. The written appraisal cost me fifty bucks but brought me far more in return.

Outstanding! Gotta love how this Sport teaches a person how to keep an eye out for things...I found a 14k gold earring in the Parking Garage across from the Fox Theater in Atlanta a few years ago!! Stuck there for a few days working a trade show, and went in there to have a smoke and look for loot!

Early morning low light angles make certain things really pop when a guy is eyehunting parking lots etc...The everchanging and new travel patterns of Humans a guy has to be aware of...parking lots etc...

You might want to take it to a jeweler, who has the microscope equipment to read possible serial #'s or engraving. Sometimes, larger stones, get micro-engraved (required by insurance? Or showing the source of origin?). It's not visible to the naked eye. Needs specialized equipment to see/read.

That could be traced back to the owner. Who might have reported it "lost/stolen" (for ins. police purposes). Perhaps not likely for stones under 1 karat ..... But .... just a thought.

I knew a gal who looked down at her ring one day, and realized the stone (nearly 2 karat diamond) was gone ! She retraced all her steps that she had done that day, and determined that she must have brushed it along-side some bushes, on a path-way through some vegetation near her work. She crawled on her hands and knees through the trail section (where she suspected her hand grazed a bush or a picket fence). To no avail. She never found the diamond.

She made a claim to her insurance (since it was fully insured). And the insurance tried to find the jeweler at fault for a poor setting/crown (that wasn't holding the diamond tight enough). In the end, she got the insurance $$. But I suppose, if someone ever found that diamond, that it might have the micro-inscription that I speak of, and .... technically, the insurance company would now own it. Might be a problem if someone tried to sell it now.

Was told about $1000. I'm not sure since jewelry is such a racket and their mark up is high

Looks like about an i/j color, round. Hard to tell with the light. As others have said why not get a hand written appraisal.. sit on it for a year and decide later what to do with it.. unless you have a use for it. Great find by the way.. that's truly a pin in a haystack

So I am on vacation in a ritzy part of Colorado when I spy something sparkling on the floor of the parking garage. I had it tested and it is real. .67 Carat Diamond, very clean and a good cut according to the two jewelers who looked at it.

So your career is eyeballing stuff, and you can afford to vacation in a ritzy part of CO? I am impressed! :laughing:
I'm the guy who walked the edge of the Walmart parking lot this spring when the snow was melting. I found a dollar. I like your find better. :shock:

So your career is eyeballing stuff, and you can afford to vacation in a ritzy part of CO? I am impressed! :laughing:
I'm the guy who walked the edge of the Walmart parking lot this spring when the snow was melting. I found a dollar. I like your find better. :shock:

That is funny. I was on the fringe of the ritzy and it was only for one day. The rest of the time was Best Western and Super 8. It is the third "jewel" I have found this was but the first real one.

That’s very cool. I once found a gold ring with multiple small diamonds in it when I was about 12. Stupidly I gave it to a girlfriend when I was 14. DOH!

Back
Top Bottom