Any readers?

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Anyone out there who enjoys the written word? I only tend to read while I'm out on the ships, and I get quite a bit done, generally 5 x500pg reads per trip.

I'm generally into three types of books: Historical Thrillers (ie Angels & Demons, Map of Bones, The Last Templar), Vampire Sagas (Pandora, The Harlequin, etc.) and Military Thrillers (The Ultimate Weapon, Allah's Scorpion, etc.).

I just finished reading The Judas Strain by James Rollins, EXCELLENT READ! I am now about halfway into The Book of Fate (Freemason related) by Brad Meltzer.

What do you all pick up?

I stray from fiction and usually end up with almanacs, map books and periodicals. I can make up my own stories. :)

I can feel you on that, when home... if I do read anything, it's National Geographic, Popular Mechanics, or like a tech manual to some gadget I own haha.

Oh yes, the Judas Strain was good!!
I love mysteries, and historical stuff. I usually read a couple of books a week!!

I only seem to find time to read when waiting around in hospitals. Hunter S. Thompson books seem to take my mind off things. One of my favorites is The Proud Highway. It's a series of personal letters he wrote; it takes you through the early part of his life - just a little past the time when he wrote The Hells Angels and got famous.

Tom Clancy, but I have read everything he wrote and waiting on his next! Been to the Clancy Forum, and the rumors are ripe about a new one.
Any "Clancy type" author, political thrillers, SciFi. I enjoy post apocalypse stories, how man gets by without our modern conveniences.

Back
Top Bottom