Burning Man. Before and After cleaning the RINGS!!

Janster

Forum Supporter
..My bride and I headed out to the Black Rock Desert today along with my sis ~n~bro in-law. This was their Maiden voyage into MD'ing. Most likely NOT the best place to cut your teeth but what the heck, we were going and they wanted to try it out so off we went! Quite barren is an understatement. The annual "Burning Man" Festival is held yearly on this arid playa. It becomes "temporarily" the fifth largest city in Nevada for about 2 weeks each year!
DSC00741.jpg

...my Bro in-law, Harry, had the first nice find of the day in 100 + ° weather, a nice 925 Silver ring. His first day swinging and his First ring ever. WooHoo
DSC00746.jpg

...my "Bride" Kerry was hot on his heels with a Copper ring. Correction..After cleaning it up I believe it is Bronze!
DSC00743.jpg

....here are both the rings
.After cleaning at home!!!!!!!
DSC00768.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

.after MD'ing we took a frontage road, "Dooby Lane" and found some interesting rock carvings/painting. I took a bunch of pictures( too may to share here);if anyone wants to see more please PM me. I will include 3 or 4 here. There are many many more "quotes" of various activities. Here is one I really liked!
DSC00760.jpg

...a few structures were in place too, this is the Black Rock TV station
DSC00752.jpg

..." Hang your hangups here",
DSC00762.jpg

.a tribute to the King,
DSC00763.jpg

.thanks for looking in. My Sis in-law and I did not fare to well but it was alot of fun. We are going back AFTER this year's upcoming event which will be held over Memorial day week end! GL , HH and be well............ Jan

What is Burning Man? http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/

If dead brain cells were detectable and worth something, that place would be a gold mine. Good finds, guys.

Cool story Janster, and the maiden hunts were unique to say the least. Looks like those rings were in the ground for a while, too bad more wasn't out there. BTW, nice pics! HH!!

Wouldn't mind attending that event...must be one really cool place to be at!

Cool photos.Some friends of my wife and I got married there last year at burning man.Looks like a wild time!!

Hey, we got money!!! yea...umm.... oh..... I guess we don't:lol:;)

:lol:
well I hear hippies use beads and hemp rope to trade for things so I guess in thier own little hippie world they are all wealthy!:D
I wouldnt mind being a hippie...but then again I like to shower to much:p
I KEED I KEED...sorry if my rude comments have offended any hippie members we may have....peace..make love not war ...flower power and all that jive:cool:

I love to wear my Grateful Dead out detecting, brings me luck..

Keeping on subject, That is one amazing hunt out there. It must have been so hot.... I'll stick with the rain up here in New England. Rings out of that ground?? That's just crazy man..

Bruce

one thing I was wondering....how hard is it to dig in that ground? seems like it would be like concrete!

Burning Man...what a strange trip we've been on!!:D:roll::cool:

Does the site get hit pretty hard every year by detectorists?!?

No doubt it is hot there... however, great potential. Like 'Woodstock' sites back here... lots of stuff left behind. Not all 'hippies' are dedicated... always a lot of 'weekend' hippies - with cash and bling. RickO

Congrats on your brother and sister inlaws first time out, as well as the nice rings!

Sounds like an interesting area to hunt, and those are some great pictures!

thanks for sharing

-Kyle

Back
Top Bottom