First Gold of the Year

Call Me V

Mark and I went out on a short hunt after the last final today. The weather was way too good not to go. We'd hoped for longer but he got called home. It didn't matter, after 30 minutes I was happy with my find. I came across at 10-11 signal on my Nox. In the soil where we were at nickles were reading 12-13 so I knew it wasn't a nickel. Most likely it was foil. But at that location I dig everything that gives me a good signal. And I'm glad I did.

The ring is small, but it's 14k. That's nine rings for the year and first gold for 2019! It's the fifth ring from this particular field. I'm sure there are more.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 359
Congrats on the gold! A while back I found a 14k gold pin that was in the shape of a hand holding a baseball (it was found at a hs baseball field). It rang up a solid 10...ever since then I dig those 10 ID's:lol:

Congrats on the nice 14K band, V! Sweet find... you're really doing a great job uncovering all the rings that you do. :waytogo:

Congrats on the gold young lady. You do quite well in the ring dept. I have yet to dig gold with my Equinox. HH Mark

Great. :roll: Yet another tale of gold found by digging a trash type signal. 10-11 on a 'nox is usually just the beavertail part of a can tab or some other scrap of aluminum, etc.
Huge CONGRATS! on digging a real gold ring!!

Back
Top Bottom