"L.I.Mike" NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS!

Vlad

Owner/Administrator
Admin
> Dear Vlad,
>
> You may recall my name. I'm Mike Magerko's girlfriend, Daryl (a/k/a Dee).
>
> I'm writing to let you know of some devastating news we received on Monday. Mike has lung cancer, and it appears to be a pretty advanced case, with lymph node involvement, etc. He just got out of
surgery (bronchoscopy) in which they took a biopsy in order to learn
more, but it will be a few days before results are in.
>
> In the meantime, I know it would mean a great deal to him to hear from
you and Carol,
> as well as from Craig (from Connecticut) and anyone else he's enjoyed corresponding with, but whose name I've forgotten. Right now he is in the hospital, but when he gets home, he can read your e-mails at:
>
> [email protected] -or- [email protected]
>
> Anything his metal detecting buddies can do to remind him that he's cared about would be very much appreciated, as I am trying to keep him positive and committed to treatment. His phone number at Stony Brook Hospital is
(631) 216-9699 and our home phone number is
> (631) 732-0542. The mailing address is 121 Birchwood Road, Coram, NY 11727.
>
> Vlad, please feel free to forward this message to all who know Mike or have become his online buddies. Thank you in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> L.I.Mike'sLady ("Dee")

Guys and gals, I'm posting this for Dee.
If you know who Mike LI is or just want to help please respond.
Mike has been a good friend and this is indeed a real bad news.

That is terrible news! Mike was one of the veteren members back when I first joined up here. It was members like him, Craig, Carol and Vlad, Les, and many, many others that shared their valuble experience and advice with me, that really got me fascinated with detecting and treasure hunting in general. He's a good guy, let's all keep him in our prayers. I know I will. Thanks for letting us know, Vlad.

I am really sorry to hear such news. I don't know Mike personally but have read many of his posts. There have been incredible advances in the treatment of lung cancer, including a new vaccine that kills a certain kind of lung cancer tumor.

Mike, if you read this message, keep a positive mind set and fight back!

Oh my, I am so sorry to hear the news. My father went through cancer twice. Colon, and years later stomach (unrelated). Despite things looking grim he recovered from both.

Hang in there bud
icon14.gif

My sis just beat breast cancer. Had spread to nodes. Keep positive Mike. We will all say a prayer for you...........

I just spoke with Mike and he sounds good :) We chit chatted about a few things then his lunch came so I told him I would call him when he got home.. he is scheduled to be released and sent home tomorrow.

you are in our prayers

i'm sorry to hear this news.you will be in my prayers.GOD will hear all our prayers from the forum members for a speedy recovery.
dave in ct

Mike Was Right!

Mike always told me that metal detectorists are a special breed, and you guys have proven him right! Thank you for all of your support. I hope you will keep it coming, because if we are lucky, it may turn out to be a long haul.
I am taking Mike home from Stony Brook Hospital this evening while we await the results of his biopsy, CAT scan and bone scan. When all the facts are in, we will consult Sloan Kettering for a plan of attack.
You can reach Mike at home at 631-732-0542. Any and all messages of support are deeply appreciated. Thank you again and again.\

--L.I.MikesLady ("Dee")

You are definitely in my prayers, and I look forward to reading posts from you again, whether or not you are out detecting!

I am real sorry to hear this, you are in my prayers Mike. Be tough and hang in there buddy, we all miss you here. Steve.

Ive never spoke to you Mike but my dad had liver and bowel cancer and was told he had 6 months left , that was 10 years ago , he is now free of cancer and he puts it down to removing all stress from his life and spending his time doing things he enjoys. Take every day as it comes and enjoy yourself as much as you can .

Best of luck to you Mike. We are sending up prayers and good thoughts from the West Coast.
Ron

Back
Top Bottom