Adventures in Coin Roll Hunting # 8 with bad news and possible great news

James Huffman

Went today to get my first batch of half rolls to hunt. Got $50 worth. After getting the rolls the teller tells me another man does what I do and he puts X's on his rolls, 3 of mine had an x, so I already knew I had nothing in those...... but the other two rolls are full of uncirculated 1995 Ds. Would those be worth anything over face??????

I've gotten rolls with X's on the end coin too, but I still search them, especially if it's a machine wrapped roll.
I don't know if the 1995-D rolls would have much of a value to them; I know I've gotten a few solid rolls at times too, and I'll keep one of the nicer coins for my collection but turn the rest back in.

Went today to get my first batch of half rolls to hunt. Got $50 worth. After getting the rolls the teller tells me another man does what I do and he puts X's on his rolls, 3 of mine had an x, so I already knew I had nothing in those...... but the other two rolls are full of uncirculated 1995 Ds. Would those be worth anything over face??????

the uncirculated coins should be worth considerably more than any circulated coin of the same type, being that they are uncirculated. you can purchase a magazine called coin values that has coin prices/values on worth

the littleton coin company sells unc. d halves for 4.50 a peice so i think you got a great roll there

I went to the back a few days ago and asked for $500 in halves and their reply was we have none and aren't getting any. First time I was completely shut out on halves :mad: Anyway got a call for an unrelated matter and the person I talked to said if I put a big enough order in they would have them shipped in. Told her $1,000 please (I could always dump them back into the free coin counter now and then) and she seemed worried I would be ordering more than I could offered and sure enough when she calls me back there is just $500 worth on the way over from the Feds. Stupid caring bank clerk :lol:

Nice on two rolls of UNC's!

I went to the back a few days ago and asked for $500 in halves and their reply was we have none and aren't getting any. First time I was completely shut out on halves :mad: Anyway got a call for an unrelated matter and the person I talked to said if I put a big enough order in they would have them shipped in. Told her $1,000 please (I could always dump them back into the free coin counter now and then) and she seemed worried I would be ordering more than I could offered and sure enough when she calls me back there is just $500 worth on the way over from the Feds. Stupid caring bank clerk :lol:

Nice on two rolls of UNC's!

That was nice of her :yes: I guess:?:

You should put O's on the rolls that you search and the two of you can start a Tic-Tac-Toe coin roll game. :D

I have searched many, many, many rolls of halves and never found anything of value... although others have found a lot of good coins, Walkers, Franklins etc... just my bad luck. Took a break from searching, but may start again.. RickO

Back
Top Bottom