numeric visual ID questions

notlost4long

Hey anyone with a detector that has the numeric digital ID such as minelab,fisher,tecnetics and sutch. my question is this type of ID better than others or what is the best? does a can show up the same number as a coin or can you tell the difference and what will gold show up as? I have the ace 350 and cans show up as quarters or half dollers and sometimes even dollers so I keep digging junk is there any better way to tell whats in the ground before you dig? I realize some trash must be dug in order to find the good stuff but I am finding entirely to mutch trash. Im new to the hobby and would apreciate any and all advise givin to me. THANKS

Take your machine out in your yard and clean out an area of everything using all-metal. Then take some targets, a few of everything, pull tabs, nails, coins, and bury them at differing depths after you write down what they air test at. Then check your buried items TDI's against the air test TDI's. You will find they vary depending on depth and this exercise will give you a learning experience about your machine.

Back
Top Bottom