Garrett AT and ProPointerII

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Is there a difference in the button covers?

Also, on the I and II Models, has anyone tried covering the button area with some sort of "sleeve", say the snipped-off finger of a rubber glove. Seems like it would help keep mud/dirt out of it.

Won't know about button covers until PP-II comes back from repairs, since I just received PP-AT today.

I did slip the snipped finger of a rubber glove over the button and speaker. I can see this being more of a benefit on the PP-II, since it's not waterproof. I just want to keep mud and dirt out of the area as well as cut-down volume (yes I know there's a vibrate only mode;)).

FYI- These are the Rubbermaid type gloves used for cleaning, and matter of fact they come in orange so it would be less noticeable.

picture.php

Won't know about button covers until PP-II comes back from repairs, since I just received PP-AT today.

I did slip the snipped finger of a rubber glove over the button and speaker. I can see this being more of a benefit on the PP-II, since it's not waterproof. I just want to keep mud and dirt out of the area as well as cut-down volume (yes I know there's a vibrate only mode;)).

FYI- These are the Rubbermaid type gloves used for cleaning, and matter of fact they come in orange so it would be less noticeable.

picture.php

Thats a great idea! Now get a tip protector and thats one solid carrot :grin: HH!

If you're looking for a tip protector, please gimme a hollar, I can set you up with some really nice ones for $7 shipped. I sell these on eBay for 8$ a set.

They're probably the best tip protector you can buy. 1.5" long and extremely durable. Won't interfere with operation, and removable too. The length covers the scraping blade, and prevents wear all around the tip, so the housing remains strong and rigid, preventing flex (which causes cracks in the ferrous stick inside... which in turn causes falsing and failure).

You can find them in the classified section of this site.

Cheers,

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom