Another AT-MAX delivered! First mini-hunt results...

TriadHunter

Elite Member
Yeah, yeah...another AT-MAX. I know, probably getting annoying. I was so pumped in fact, that I took a picture of the mail lady pulling up! :laughing: I actually got to test it out in my backyard right away which, like many of you, I have hunted probably 15 times in grid patterns with my ACE 400 in all modes including Zero Disc just to see what's back there. My backyard is partially wooded with some farming-related activities dating back to the early 1900's. I know where the barbed-wire fences are under the ground, so I figured it would be really interesting to run around in All Metal Mode to see what the MAX could find.

First of all, the ergo of the MAX is great. It feels a tad heavier than my ACE 400, but nicely balanced. The new grip is fantastic. It feels higher end for sure. The volume control is also great - I used it immediately. Strangely enough even with the volume on "1" (lowest) it is very loud when Iron Audio is on. I kind of wish the volume control turned everything down.

Right off the bat I can tell that the MAX started picking up smaller targets my 400 missed. It hit a lock washer, a nut and two .22 bullets. These were all located on one of my many trails so I have hunted them MANY times in the past.

Note: I pre-ordered this initially from KellyCo but cancelled my pre-order after they started treating me like a jerk for asking about status. At one point the salesman even laughed at me when I told him I had found a MAX in stock elsewhere. Who's laughing now punk?
:laughing:

I'll be taking it to better "hunted out" sites in the next week and I'll report back on what I find. So stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_20170918_122432_edit.jpg
    IMG_20170918_122432_edit.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20170918_130030.jpg
    IMG_20170918_130030.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20170918_134553.jpg
    IMG_20170918_134553.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 283
Has ANY KellyCo preorder actually gone out yet? I had a preorder with them as well, and not only did I find one elsewhere that I'd get a lot sooner, it was also less then what KellyCo wanted. It'll be here Thursday. Anyway…

Glad you're liking. This will be my first machine, so who knows what I'll find in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has ANY KellyCo preorder actually gone out yet? I had a preorder with them as well, and not only did I find one elsewhere that I'd get a lot sooner, it was also less then what KellyCo wanted. It'll be here Thursday. Anyway…

Glad you're liking. This will be my first machine, so who knows what I'll find in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha ha! I seriously could not believe how I was being treated on the phone by this sales guy at Kelly. I was floored. So long KellyCo! I will NEVER shop there again. I hope it was worth it.

Anyway, enough of that. You'll love the MAX! It's pretty advanced and a huge step from the ACE series, but at least you won't have that issue. The backlight is so cool! I have already used it. HH!

Congrats TH! Hope you pillage and plunder with it :cool:

I was on a certain website you may have mentioned.....showed all those "freebies" they were tossing-in with a value of about $350. I looked, and all 3 items were currently priced less than those they listed in the add by over $100.

People need to look at bs like that, because it speaks loads, ditto with the way they treated you. Spend your money elsewhere, lots of businesses will earn it, not think it's "due" them.

Good Luck!

I wonder what percentage of their customers end up as repeat customers.

<-------one and done myself.

Congratz on the new tector! Is that N. Carolina, Arizona and Washington on that back wall? There's a story there, I can feel it!

Very observant! You must detect! :)

Yep, as a family we've lived in all those states. Add NJ and NM for the "without kids" phase for my wife and I. That's our formal dining room BTW. Yes, a ping pong table is in it. LOL

Very observant! You must detect! :)

Yep, as a family we've lived in all those states. Add NJ and NM for the "without kids" phase for my wife and I. That's our formal dining room BTW. Yes, a ping pong table is in it. LOL

Honestly, I figured those were the states you had lived in, it's all I could think of that made sense. The orientation of the shapes is what gave it away. Very nice!

Congrats on your purchase.

I am following you here to see your experiences/comments with detector.

Hey -

I took the MAX out to a local park for some clad hunting TUE. While I only had about 40 minutes, one thing I noticed right away was my lack of digging trash thanks to the way it rolls it's audio (a new thing for me coming from the ACE series). I could very easily distinguish a coin from a bottle cap or similar on the MAX because the coin was crisp and clean yet the bottlecap rolled, high-toned, then rolled again, whereas on the ACE the bottlecap just went "bing" for either target. On the ACE 400 Iron Audio did help a bit, but it doesn't work as well as the overall audio on the MAX. In 40 minutes I dug $0.98 and virtually no trash in a VERY trashy area of the park.

Today I searched my backyard again and found some headstamps and small bullets. This thing just nails the tiny stuff in the dirt! ALL METAL is fantastic in the woods where there's no trash and you want to dig anything. It works really well. I also tried out the wireless headphones and I loved them. Super happy with that.

So far so good. Now I need to get a crazy ring so I can prove to my wife this was a necessary purchase. :laughing:

Ha Ha! Love the pic of the delivery truck. I am not surprised by your comments at all. It is a very sensitive detector, and for those who have previously owned the AT Pro or AT GOLD, you will notice a depth increase using the same coil in both discriminate mode and true all metal mode.

Back
Top Bottom