introduction

treeshack

Good Morning all, I have detected many years ago, and I am taking the plunge and diving in head first I am in the process of ordering a new detector, I stumbled across this forum while doing detector research, and really enjoyed reading the posts about various topics presented here. Back in the 80's, my father and I shared this hobby, we were using a Teknetics Mark III detector, and I still use it from time to time. It has seen better days, and I would eventually like to restore it.
I have been a special education teacher for the past 14 years, and am fortunate that my job gives me lots of time off. I live in South Louisiana, and it would be nice to find someone to detect with. I do have a fourteen year old son, that seems to be a little interested in detecting, so I am going to slowly introduce him to this wonderful hobby. Looking back I cherish the days my father and I went detecting, due to health issues, he would be able to hunt for a couple hours, with a lot of assistance, but that is fine with me, and I know he would really enjoy the mystery of what is in that plug.
I am also fortunate to have a wonderful wife who is very supportive and has no problem when it comes to my hobbies. Hopefully I may be able to get her interested in this hobby as well.
I hope I did not take too much of your time with this introduction, and I look forward to meeting everyone through discussions in this friendly forum. Safe hunting to all treeshack

Welcome from Corsicana, Texas! Recently retired science/technology teacher here in Central Texas.

Back
Top Bottom