Ok, what is this?

Chipk

Elite Member
Always amazed that nearly every mystery find posted here is revealed.

So any ideas what this is? Surprisingly, the base has no holes for mounting.

Twice I was preparing to trash it but I'm intrigued as to what it may be.

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 542
Maybe but I would assume the flat area would be at a different angle to what looks like a mounting bracket. Plus it doesn't have a spike to skewer the bottom of a candle like most candle mounts do. And the bracket doesn't seem to have any holes for screws or nails.

Almost looks like a side view mirror but again without a way to attach it and obviously no mirror.

But who knows? It may be. Thanks

I'd guess mirror but who knows, the bracket part though, that looks to me like it would slide down into a grooved piece attached to whatever it's off of.

Pic 2, just under the wedding band; Is that an interruption in the natural arc of the casting? And in a corresponding location in pic 3, right end of the flat area. Does that maybe look like the broken-off base of a stud? Possibly a rusted-in steel screw?

Roger

Looks like it would mount on the wall near your bathroom sink, for a glass for brushing your teeth?

Looks like it would mount on the wall near your bathroom sink, for a glass for brushing your teeth?

+1. Not totally sure but I would guess the same. Drinking glass holder from a bathroom, would have slid into a slotted bracket on the wall near the sink.

Back
Top Bottom