New to the Hobby. Having a blast.

You're killing it on the silver, around here it's scarce. I think I have 12 silver coins to date and that's over 3-4 years of hunting. Good job! Oh, and welcome from Oklahoma :yes:

His second hunt he found an 1876 $20 gold double eagle.

I hate him. :laughing:

You and me both man.. LOL. AWESOME find with any machine. With that double eagle he could buy what??? 50 Ace 250's.. LOL.

I started with Bounty hunter 1500. 3 months later got an Ace 350. Then following year AT-Pro Two years ago AT-Gold and now AT-Max. Oh, Inbetween I picked up a Whites MXT Pro strictly land machine. Wish they'd make one like that with a waterproof box for the same price range. Like that machine.

Welcome to the sport. Welcome to the forums and feel free to ask ANY questions you may have on VDI' numbers or what not. You can water hunt with the 350.... Just dont get the box wet. Do it when the water is flat calm and dont go any deeper than ?? 2.5 feet. I didnt pay attention and a boat wave caught me by surprise. 350 went nuts. I turned it off. Went home and opened up the control box and laid it by the dehumidifier after drying the board with a hair dryer. Used it for the rest of that year keeping an eye on the board from time to time. Wiped it down with some remington oil to ensure it never got any corrosion on it. Worked flawlessly.

Enjoy and post your finds.

I think I was successful posting the picture. This is 3 months worth of silver. I really love those war nickels. :cool:

Very nice haul there man. Wait till you upgrade to an AT-pro or something of that nature. The AT-Pro LOVES silver for whatever reason. You've got 4 war nickels?? Hey, I only have one and am 6 years in.. LOL. And Only 2 silver qtrs.. LOL. Awesome finds. You have the hook fully sunk into your gums for metal detecting. Wait till you find your first GOLD> :extrahappy:

Thanks to everyone. I've been detecting most days for a few hours. I've been jumping around different older areas of the city. I found the 3 mercurys the first week (and none since. Haha) My wife doesn't quite understand my obsession, but supports anything that I enjoy and she even acts impressed when I show her my finds. She's a CPA and has determined that my clad finds have almost paid for the AA and 9 volt batteries ive bought the last 3 months!! Lolll

Welcome to the Forum. Great Finds. You have found about as many silver coins in a few months as I have found in five years.

I'm assuming that you are using a newer Garrett 350. I have two vintage Garrett GTA 350's. I took one out for a hunt yesterday and it's a learning process all over again. I think I found twenty-two cents and two matchbox type cars. I think I'll go back to one of my other vintage detectors.

Back
Top Bottom