GPS/Location data in photos

CoinRex

Hi, can any of you out there tell me if there's a way to get rid of or mask the GPS location data attached to a photo that you post on a thread? I use an iPhone 6 plus to take pictures of my finds out in the field and I have the GPS location activated for my photos but I don't really want that information able to be accessed when I post pictures here on the forum ( i've heard stories of people getting access to the locations through the photos and raiding other peoples hard researched sites.......) Oh, and another quick question. I seem to be having trouble with my Photobucket account they're saying I need to upgrade now to be able to let other sites access URL/pics...... so going a different route when I try to post pics using the "manage attachments" screen below the post I get an error when i try to post a screenshot of one of my photos out in the field..... why am I getting an error when I try to upload a screenshot of the original photo? I was doing this under the assumption that the location data would be wherever I took the screenshot instead of the location of the original photo that I took out in the field...... or is the original location data still viewable in a screenshot photo? ( I hope I'm explaining this right).......

Try..

Settings

Turn-off "tag photos or videos with location".

I don't have an I-Phone, but I'd think it'd be basically the same.

2nding what Gaunlet said. I also upload my pictures to a computer and then just screen shot them in Paint and save as a jpeg. That'll strip everything out as well.

Thanks guys for your replies. I guess I should say that I still want to have the Geo location of the photo recorded when I take a picture in the field. Just wondering if there was a way to block this data when uploading the photo to a thread.

Thanks guys for your replies. I guess I should say that I still want to have the Geo location of the photo recorded when I take a picture in the field. Just wondering if there was a way to block this data when uploading the photo to a thread.

Then what T-man said, just make a copy, and crop-out the co-ord's before posting it.

Back
Top Bottom