Nice hunt at the park. Thought I had a 'goodie!'

frankiefry

Forum Supporter
This evening was perfect weather for a hunt. A nice breeze and about 68 degrees. I decided to go over to the lake park/camp grounds for a little hunt. I ran into a fellow MDer who is also a member of the same club as me! I hadn't realized there were 'others' in my neck of the woods. We chatted for a few minutes and then went our seperate ways because daylight was burning. I hate when people stop me to chat and use up all my digging time. I did all around the small beach area and found some clad, 1 wheatie, and the colored junk ring. From there I went over to the tot-lot, which was kind of a challenge, because it was filled with ground up tires rather than mulch, and I think some of the steel belts got ground too! I found a few pennies and what I thought was a silver ring, but alas, upon getting it home and taking a closer look, I can't find any markings for silver and it doesn't sound right when dropped. I'm a tiny bit bummed, but other than that, it was a nice hunt. There's always next time for the good stuff to show up. : )

Attachments

• 100_1346.jpg
    100_1346.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 100_1347.JPG
    100_1347.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 325
Looks like it could be silver; I would get it tested. :yes:

That rubber tire mulch is impossible. My daughter and I tried that a few times and gave up on it. Definitely some kind of metal ground up in there.

Sounds like you enjoyed your hunt. Rings are always nice no matter what they are made of. Thanks for sharing and HH.

Sonny.

Purity ring looks silver to me, my sister got one last year....it is stamped 925...

Looks silver. I dont think you would really hear the sound of silver in a smaller ring. :no: What reading does it give you?

I have a Tesoro Silver uMax, so there isn't a 'reading' to give you. I just know it sounded really high and clear. Here is a pic. of the marks inside. It's either BSO or BSD and a small c inside of a circle. I think they are just the manufactors mark. There is also an M on the other side, inside. Maybe stands for size medium? I guess I'm going to make a trip to the jewelry store for testing. I'll let you know. : )

Attachments

• 100_1355.JPG
    100_1355.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 257
Purity ring looks a lot like silver, but it could just be silverplate. The 925 marking may not be present. A silver test would be right for it.

I love to talk

Anytime I meet up with another MDer I love to talk to them. I tell them I'm a newbie and ask where they would go, if they were me?

Im not 100% positive but I found one almost Identical to that one and couldnt figure out if it was silver or not. But after doing much research. Most of what that company makes is silver. So after looking a bunch of rings identical to the one I had up. They all said silver. So I am just assuming mine is too. My guess is that its silver!! ;)
Jordan

Ring UPDATE

I took the ring to the jewelry store this AM and found out it's JUNK! : ( He said probably some kind of nickel alloy. I guess I'll just have to dig up the real-deal this evening!

I was going to say it might be pewter,then your ring up date came on,oh well it adds to the ring count and you might say,its better than a half ate up zincoln,its still cool, nice job and hope you pull some silver soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom