$31.00 in Clad and a Large Gaudy .925 Ring

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
After not going out to hunt for three weeks due to out of State family obligations, etc., I decided to hit a school/baseball field complex as to crank up my clad count before the year ends. I am still hoping to be within the $1,500 range for the year or even possibly beating last year's clad amount.

Today, I was not disappointed with my clad finds nor with the few extra wheaties. Having those $25.00+ type of days are getting harder to achieve.

And the bonus find for the day was a large .925 silver ring. The ring was about 3" down and rang up as a 37.

Thanks for finding the time to read my latest thread! HH.

Attachments

• Coins 12082019 003.jpg
    Coins 12082019 003.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 480
  • Coins 12082019 005.jpg
    Coins 12082019 005.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 452
  • Coins 12082019 007.jpg
    Coins 12082019 007.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Coins 12082019 008.jpg
    Coins 12082019 008.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 446
nice clad count I love walking out of a park with my pockets so full I think my pants are going to fall off:lol:

A very impressive hunt John. That is a huge clad take with bonus Sterling, it has been years since I had a take that large. Congrats, hope that year clad count tops your goal by a good amount. Trapper

Thank you!

nice clad count I love walking out of a park with my pockets so full I think my pants are going to fall off:lol:

Thanks garviso8! It was one of those good days, that my regular pouch was full that I had to use my trash section to hold the finds.

A very impressive hunt John. That is a huge clad take with bonus Sterling, it has been years since I had a take that large. Congrats, hope that year clad count tops your goal by a good amount. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! Just when I thought those clad buffet days were about over, I stumble onto another one. As long as I can find those clad spots, I will be digging. This year was a good year for me, and hopefully next year will be just as much in fun.

Congrats, that's a whole lot of full pockets there ! Nice ring too !

Thanks Soil Surgeon! I appreciate the kind words. Got to get these hunting days in before the ground freezes up.

That’s a great hunt and crazy amount of clad you’re up to. Nice goi gg!

Thanks Jamflicker! If I can't find the silver, I will gladly take the bread and butter clad. I am hoping this year will be better than last year's final tally.

Very impressive pile of clad.....

Thanks diggin4clad! As you well know, we got to get these year end hunts in before the ground freezes over or for other reasons. Hope you have a good year too with the clad.

Awesome clad day, well done! My legs hurt just looking at the pictures :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks zeemang! Actually, I feel more pain when I am not finding or digging. lol. I did that like in just over five hours non-stop. next year will be a real challenge in finding these hot spots.

Awesome haul John, a megacladder for sure. Hope you hit your goal fty. Me I'll be happy to top 200. The ring is a cool find, congrats. I'm glad to see you were able to get out. Good luck Mark

WOW I have never found anything that would approach that amount of clad in a day or in a year. My best day dirt fishing was a little over ten bucks and best day at the beach was $18.50. I am almost afraid to add up my total for this year as I man not have broken 200 despite lots of time spent detecting. Only one gold ring this year. Two sterling rings and two sterling necklaces. SAD. Still twiddling my thumbs while I wait for my left foot to heal. Surgery a month ago and don't know how much longer I will be forced to wear the walking boot.

Thank you!

Awesome haul John, a megacladder for sure. Hope you hit your goal fty. Me I'll be happy to top 200. The ring is a cool find, congrats. I'm glad to see you were able to get out. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark! This location I had been to in the past with another machine. The Nox sure has unearthed many of these finds vs. my prior rig. I can hardly wait to tally up my ledger sheets at the end of the year to see how I had done. Just from looks of things, it is looking pretty good.

WOW I have never found anything that would approach that amount of clad in a day or in a year. My best day dirt fishing was a little over ten bucks and best day at the beach was $18.50. I am almost afraid to add up my total for this year as I man not have broken 200 despite lots of time spent detecting. Only one gold ring this year. Two sterling rings and two sterling necklaces. SAD. Still twiddling my thumbs while I wait for my left foot to heal. Surgery a month ago and don't know how much longer I will be forced to wear the walking boot.

Thanks georgeinsc! I appreciate the kinds word. Many of these locations I had hunted were researched as to find where older/former locations of playing fields had been originally years ago. I will usually work the fence line areas extra hard too. Hey, as for yourself, finding $200 is a good accomplishment too. As for gold, I am like you, I had only found one 14k ring all year, but a good handful of silver rings as to keep things interesting. Best wishes with your health situation too.

Geez dude that is killin it man. Wow! Incredible clad count and nice ring!

Thanks davedude! And honestly, when I went to this location, I was kind of expecting in finding 2-3 dollars worth of clad. But in all fairness, I was able to hunt some areas that I was not able to gain access to in the past.

Nice chunk of silver and DANG if that isn’t a ton of clad! I think my best is like $8.59 :lol:

Thanks GroundSweeper! That ring was a nice treat for sure. But, finding my usual bread and butter clad makes me a happy hunter. Hopefully, next year will be just as productive, if not, I am in for the fun of it.

JaK this has been my worst year ever in terms of finds My best beach was renourished and then the hurricane moved all the fresh and on top of the better areas so I was restricted to fresh drops. Oh well maybe next year will be better. I hope to be back detecting in a month or so.

Unfortunately in this area when a school closes the land is sold to private individuals. All current schools are fenced with locked gates. Some of them even have No Trespassing signs.

Thank you!

That’s insane. Every time I go out I come home with like 2 bucks.

Thanks IDXMonster! Sometimes I can't believe it myself. I am just lucky that clad sometimes finds its way underneath my coil. Hey, I've had those two buck days too.

Very nice JAK! Good looking ring and some serious coin!

Thanks LovestheShiny! I am glad to find that ring so that I can say I found some silver. Now I have to find some more clad buffet fields.

JaK this has been my worst year ever in terms of finds My best beach was renourished and then the hurricane moved all the fresh and on top of the better areas so I was restricted to fresh drops. Oh well maybe next year will be better. I hope to be back detecting in a month or so.

Unfortunately in this area when a school closes the land is sold to private individuals. All current schools are fenced with locked gates. Some of them even have No Trespassing signs.

Georeinsc, I hear you. I am hoping that my local dirt locations get replenished too. As they say,there is always next year...and that foes for me too. A lot of schools in my area are posting those "No Trespassing" signs...and it seems I find the most at those spots too...lol.

Back
Top Bottom