Andre's Pencils Test Run: Buff and Wheats

The quote is from an Iron Maiden song... The Prisoner

Ah, yes! That too! I’m an old 80s metal head, and was a big Maiden fan in the day...

Iron Maiden’s “The Prisoner” was inspired by the late 60’s British TV show of the same name, and they borrowed the sound bite from the opening scene for the song. Many of Iron Maiden’s songs are based on pop culture, literature, or historic events: Where Eagles Dare was a late 60s WWII book and movie, Aces High is told from the perspective of a British RAF pilot in the Battle of Britain, Flight of Icarus is based on the Greek myth, Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner is a retelling of the Samuel Coleridge poem. Their classic “The Trooper” is based on the infamous “Charge of the Light Brigade” during the Battle of Balaclava of the Crimean War in 1854 and the Lord Tennyson poem about the same. I could go on and on with many examples...Great band with some fantastic songs!!

Good grief, I’ve hi-jacked my own thread :lol: Back on topic: still using and loving my Andre’s Pencils for copper and brass coins and relics :yes:

... Many of Iron Maiden’s songs are based on pop culture, literature, or historic events...

I'm guessing "Run to the Hills" has a story, too. Maybe "Can I Play With Madness"...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom