Two days at the beach, looks like the Surf Pro PI is A-OK

hobbes_lives

Forum Supporter
I hit the AM low tide two days in a row.

I went to Cocoa Beach on Saturday with the family and was able to hunt for about four hours. I found 32? and THREE RINGS! WOO-HOO! :tumble:

My second target was the Nike ring in waist deep water and it was pretty deep. I was totally psyched because I have been a little concerned about whether my Surf Pro PI is working properly or not. I reckon it is! Thanks to everyone who helped me out with the Surf Pro PI. You guys are great! :yes:

I have been thinking the ring was junk, until tonight. I took a closer look at it and noticed that it is marked 417, so I guess it's probably 10K gold! You can kind of make it out in the picture.

I found the gaudy pearl ring (definitely junk) in ankle deep water and the silver ring in the lane. The silver ring is marked 925. Nice. :yes:

The second picture is the trash I found that day.

It was way rough in the mine, so I could only spend a little time out there, only in certain spots where there was a little cut to calm the wave action down. Otherwise, I was getting the crap pounded out of me and had to stick to more shallow water.

On Sunday, I finally got to meet up with Paul (Orlando Auction) for an outing. We've been talking about it for a long time and finally got to hunt together. I thing we both had allot of fun. I know I did. :yes:

We headed up to Daytona Beach for a spin. Again, the mine was quite rough in most spots. I was doing the body flag while holding onto my dug-in scoop a few times. Grr.

Since I couldn't hunt the deep part of the mine, I again had to stick to shallow water and the lane. I wouldn't mind so much, except that the lane at Daytona is iron central. I think I dug at least two pounds of rusty iron. I guess that's what I get for hunting a beach that has allowed beach driving forever.

The third picture shows the only keepers from Sunday's trip. Another ring and a nice little knife. Again, I took a closer look at the ring and it is marked "STERLING" on the back. Did a little polishing and it is coming out nice and shiny. I reckon that's another silver ring for me! :D

I don't know what the emblem is on the front. I thought it may have been Body Glove, but their logo looks different. Any ideas? :?:

The odd thing, that I didn't even realize until Paul asked, was that I found absolutely no coins that day. I was kind of surprised after realizing that. Paul found plenty while hunting the lane, which I believe he will post soon. He did a great job of griding a nice section of beach.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics. Sorry for the long post!

Attachments

• DSCN3163_768.jpg
    DSCN3163_768.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 343
  • dscn3158_768.jpg
    dscn3158_768.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCN3164_768.jpg
    DSCN3164_768.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN3165_768.jpg
    DSCN3165_768.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN3241_768.jpg
    DSCN3241_768.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 353
I thought I saw you floating around in a couple of those swells!! Glad you use the Big Scoop. You must have covered a half a mile in that trench. I had fun as well!!!!

Nice weekend! Thanks again!

The one ring

That ring you wanted to know about the one that you thought was a version of the body glove logo? that is a native american symbol for the bear. it is a bear claw

That ring you wanted to know about the one that you thought was a version of the body glove logo? that is a native american symbol for the bear. it is a bear claw

Hey Dave, thanks for the info. I think that increases the coolness value of the ring. ;)

Back
Top Bottom