False advertising I tell yah!

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Stupid Oak Lawn Park Distric web site. First place I visited (sans metal detector both places) is listed of having two volleyball courts. Go there, see none, so perhaps indoor ones. Visit another park today that has a sand volleyball court and has bonfires during the fall? See no volleyball court, and no clue where a bonfire could be held (no burnt anything). Oh well, it does have a woodchip playground next to a school that I will try this Saturday and/or Sunday AM.

Don't believe everything you read, especially if reading on the web :?:

gnrboyd said:
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=4625+W+110th+St,+Oak+Lawn,+IL

Does this look familar? It looks like there is a volleyball court to me on the east side of the park. Maybe this is the wrong Oak Lawn Park. ??
(make sure to click on the satellite view)
That's a community center, no idea what that sand area is, the web site says nothing about one, but means nothing! So somewhere in Oak Lawn is 5 sand volleyball courts. So far I checked out two parks that had them listed on the web, saw none LOL. I may just check out the community center and see if that is indeed a volleyball court. Who knows how many pennies be out there waiting for me to dig them up :mad:

Just for general info....have been sweeping a local park, part of which was a sand volleyball court that had grassed over - found several coins/lots of junk. Noticed another area off to the side that looked 'different'. Swept it and dug a liitle and found what must have been another court. If not noticed would have been missed - found a few more coins + a small silver colored ring w/turquiose stone. Not marked but came out of 5" of ground - not pitted or tarnished & shining.

jrdavis119 said:
Just for general info....have been sweeping a local park, part of which was a sand volleyball court that had grassed over - found several coins/lots of junk. Noticed another area off to the side that looked 'different'. Swept it and dug a liitle and found what must have been another court. If not noticed would have been missed - found a few more coins + a small silver colored ring w/turquiose stone. Not marked but came out of 5" of ground - not pitted or tarnished & shining.
Smart thinking! Alas the parks in Oak Lawn have a no digging policy (AFAIK inserting a screw driver in the ground is considered digging) that's why I will be sticking to playgrounds and sand volleyball courts. If they fine me for digging in a playground I'll pull a Gomer Pyle and yell "citizens arrest, citizens arrest" for each kid I see digging in the playground or volleyball court :lol:

Back
Top Bottom