Ski resorts

hoser

Forum Supporter
For those of you that live close to ski hills, this is a very lucrative place to hunt. Most of our snow WAS gone till this morning, but yesterday I payed a visit to the ski hill just down the road from me. I took the MD just in case, but did more walking along the melt line. In just two hours I came away with over five dollars in change, and some other misc thingy's. I'll keep going back as the melt line increases to uncover more loot. :shock: :lol: In one spot there must have been a nasty crash, as I found about two bucks in a two foot circle. :wow:

Thanks for the great idea Hoser. I've had my eye on one of the smaller, local ski places, but haven't gotten out that way yet. Maybe I'll try it one of these weekends. HH!

I'd love to try it, but Terry has it right. The only skiing done here is on liquid water :grin: There is a place in New Mexico I'd like to try it at.

Terry 55 said:
Good haul Hoser. Our melt line starts around Grayling Michigan.  :lol:
:lol: :lol: Tell ya what Terry, let me see what I can do to get that melt line a LOT closer to you. Hows that sound. :lol:

Hey Hoser, those mountain top parking lots can produce. Don't forget to get into the tree line after that Michigan snow is gone in July.

I noticed when they push that snow they topple it over the edge into the wooded area. So when you do the parking lot edges, don't be bashful of going in 10 feet further. We had a
few areas where they would push the snow over the hill. You might find anything there.........................Gil :grin:

I hear ya Gil. The big mall in Traverse City dumps all of its parking lot snow in a huge pit to melt away. I would have to believe that there would be a lot of treasure there. But by the looks of the piles, you might just want to wear a hazmat suit when you go in. :shock: :lol:

Couple of questions on ski slopes: were they open (not necessarily for skiing) and did you have to ask permission to hunt? Any problems?

Marna this is kind of a unique situation. Hanson Hills used to be a big winter park. It is now owned by the Michigan National guard and is totally non profit. All funds go strictly towards the rec area. It is open all year to the public. Yes I still asked for permission, and had no problem getting it. This may not be the case with most other privately owned ski resorts. BUT, it sure wouldn't hurt to go to one and ask. Even if you don't take a detector with you, I'm quite confident just by walking around you will find a lot of lost items just laying on top of the ground.

Back
Top Bottom