Gold Rush- South America...

CoiltoSoil

Elite Member
Is anyone else watching this show? It looks like this season might be more panning and detecting since I doubt they will be able to get any large equipment to the site. I notice some of them have Garrett hats on and I believe I seen an AT Pro in the background. Good detector but if I was traveling thousands of miles to the middle of nowhere to hunt exclusively for gold I think I would have invested more money in gold specific detectors.

I am sure this show is totally fabricated and more than likely sponsored. The Simpsons has more reality than almost all Reality Shows! :yes:

Todd was sporting the green Garrett backpack at times... and those green plastic pans looked to be from Garrett as well.

Never saw any detectors though

Is anyone else watching this show? It looks like this season might be more panning and detecting since I doubt they will be able to get any large equipment to the site. I notice some of them have Garrett hats on and I believe I seen an AT Pro in the background. Good detector but if I was traveling thousands of miles to the middle of nowhere to hunt exclusively for gold I think I would have invested more money in gold specific detectors.

If you watched the after show where they sit and talk to the crew, they said that they will not go back to South America unless they find 1000 oz of gold in Alaska. Anyway, it doesn't seem like they are actually going to do an entire season just yet in South America. The new season will still be in Alaska, the SA episode was more of a special. At least that is what i understood. I'm sure much of the show is faked but I still enjoy watching it.

They actually did a interview video for Garrett that Garrett put on their facebook page. And they are using the Garrett At Pro, and Garrett At Gold. And Garrett Pans for mining. It showed them using them when they were in Alaska in the video.

I Personally love the show an cant wait for south America so come on.

Gold Rush- South America...With special Guest Star: RANDY SAVAGE!!!!!
BooooM BaBy!!!!

Hahaha just joking.

In the scene where the atv gets stuck in the mud you can see a garrett pro pointer he is wearing on his belt.

I think if it was totaly fake and set up they would be finding gold bricks instead of gold dust.
They may have a little help but its a world apart from other "reality" shows.

I wonder if Garrett will deny having anything to do with GR like they did with Diggers? That would be pretty dumb of them tho.

I'm sure the only way they make money is from the TV contract. The only difference between the Gold Digger crew and the Girl Scouts is the Scouts have adult supervision.

Have not watched and wont watch it but I am sure it bull **** and scripted like most reality TV is.

Gold here and there

I watch videos now and then where guys are panning for gold and useing other tools to find it. Some videos of people in Michigan finding gold , looks like very little gold for the work but just a hobby for them much like our detecting no nuggets here in Michigan just gold flakes. My fiancee's great uncle plans on going up the Alaska to hunt for gold again. He says it is all over even along roads . He brought home two salt shakers of gold dust. He told me of finding gold in Michigan, how the electric company or who ever it was was drilling to set telephone poles and it pulled up gold dust from near bed rock and they didn't notice it . Someone else found it . I get enough out of metal detecting I don't want to even try looking for gold could be I would catch the fever for it and go crazy. Elly says I am crazy enough about metal detecting.
M6 Mike

Just turned 63 Aug 19 I tell it as I am 21 for the 3rd time.

Gold prospecting has always been a very hard business. It is one of the most challenging experience to undertake. First you have the environment to work with or through. Second you have money to fork out long before you begin looking for pay dirt. Then if you find gold you develop a sense that everyone is after it. To me at the end of the day, if you get real lucky then you get to brag about how you spent 10k to get 10k. Take it from me. My fam has hobbie hunted for gold for years and years. It is a ton of work with the payoff being made up of experience, scenery, and over time more than a few grams of gold.
HH
ALOHA

Back
Top Bottom