Fishing with my girls!

Beefcake

Elite Member
Took my girls over to my local park... They've been begging me to take them fishing, so I mowed the grass and we walked over to do some bluegill fishing. Meadow,3 caught the first one... Her first and she did it all by herself! Stormi, 5 caught her first of the year... They each caught two bluegills, then Stormi had a wee tiny one on the line... All of the sudden WHAM! A bass torpedos in and nails the bluegill and it is caught.. So there she is with her Disney Princess pink fishing pole fighting this bass that is allmost pulling her in! Her little pole is bent over and she couldn't reel it in any more because it got on the rocks... I helped her lift it over the rocks and WOW.... It was roughly 16" and a good 1.5 -2 lbs! I couldn't be prouder as a Daddy!!!!
100_0448.jpg

100_0449.jpg

100_0450.jpg

100_0451.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

Stormisfirstbass.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0448.jpg
    100_0448.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 236
You got that right!!!! I just finished up my last actual class in college... on to student teaching in the fall... NO MORE CLASSWORK!!!! Woohooo! I've put my life on hold for the last 5 years and I've not had alot of fun in the process... I can now take the time to spend with my babies... It will certainly be nice to only have to work on one thing at a time rather than juggle family, job, and college at the same time...

That's more fun that a whole day of detecting by yourself. Your girls will cherish the time you spend with them and its times like this that they will remember, when may dad took me fishing. Those are great time and seize the day anytime you get the chance because one day you will have to let them out a block before the theater because they will want to be seen as cool and mom and dad are not. You remember how it was. So seize the day for one day we will become obsolete.

BC - What a great time for all to remember, good sized bass also.

When my son was their age he caught his first fish and I printed it. Dry the fish, roll ink on it that is fairly thick ( printing ink is cheap = art store) with a small roller, lay a paper on it - I used newspaper that had a large area of no print, roll again with a clean roller, let dry and fix to a backing. If the paper tears try using a thin grocery brown bag. Years later - he's 37 now - you can look back & smile. Steve in so az

Scottsbluegill.jpg

Catching Bluegills is so much fun. It looks like you all had a great time. She proved that it's not the fishing pole, it's the fisherman!

Just like it's not the detector, it's the detectorist!

Hey... who put the worms on? ;)

Thanks for shareing the photos Beefcake. Brings back lots of memories of when my daughter caught her first fish while stationed in Alaska. Of course at the time I wasn't sure if the Salmon had her or she had the salmon.

Digenes (Dave)

Great pictures Beefcake, you look like a proud dad :)

What happened to the fish, did they go back in the water ?

Back
Top Bottom