Sponsor md purchases

I need feedback on sponsor dealings. I'm in the market for a new metal detector and would like to hear some of your experiences.

I don't think there are any bad ones, but since you asked, I'll throw out Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors! Good guy and I'm always happy with his prices. Just call and ask for his best price on the detector you want.

I take my time, research, and get quotes from several dealers before I buy. Time and time again, Ron DeGhetto of Gold Digger Metal Detectors has done me right.

https://thegolddigger.com

Edit... sorry, you asked for sponsors and I just looked... Ron isn't a sponsor.

Raider Regards,

R5

I need feedback on sponsor dealings. I'm in the market for a new metal detector and would like to hear some of your experiences.

i never went through a sponsor before but last week i order a profind 35 pin pointer from Jeff at qaulitymetaldetectors.net and he hooked me up for 100 and free 2 day shipping (Retails for 130)

Jeff at qualitymetaldetectors. Won't mention the price I paid(coil) but suffice to say it was at least 10% lower than anyone else (and free shipping) and anywhere.

You won't be disappointed.

If you are not buying from Antiques Detectors you are paying TOO MUCH ! Just sayin.

Over the past 5-years, I've had positive transactions with Phil@Meyers, Jeff@Quality, Marty@Kellyco, Chuck@Sunspot, and received plenty of great info from David@RT6 and Dennis@metaldetectors. I also dealt with several others and in doing so, here are some tips I can pass on...
  • Out of state sponsors may save you some $$$ on local state tax
  • Sponsors generally avoid giving written price quotes. Verbal quotes enable them to pass along every possible incentive without jeopardizing their sales agreements with manufacturers. Therefore you MUST CALL each vendor/sponsor to get the best price
  • The add-on packages are not always as good as they seem. A beach digger only needs a shovel and/or a beach scoop and you should spend the money up front on a quality tool or you will end up re-buying another tool. These packages often include a cheap pin pointer (not needed at the beach), gloves, a hat, finds bag, ....the stuff that seems great, but not really needed.
  • During the last 18 months, my group of friends and I have purchased nearly $20k (MSRP) worth of detectors from Heath at Treasure Mountain . The purchasing power has provided us with some noteworthy customer service that I'm sure would benefit you too.

Anyhow, just my $0.02....happy hunting!
-David

phil myers is the man gave me great deals in the past ive bought 3 detectors from him go with myers

I agree Phil Myers with Myers Detectors has never done me wrong. I have bought detectors and pinpointers from him and his service is excellent.

I think you will get wonderful service from all the sponsors on here. REMEMBER, they have to advertise and they have to support themselves. Just like you do when you have a job.

Phil Myers and DetectingMO are both great. I’ve bought 6 MDs between the two. Great prices and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my experiences regarding purchases from Forum Sponsors have been A+++...Same with buying or selling items to other Members...Never a bit of trouble and an easy pleasurable experience......I dont even shop around for the best 'price' deal...I want a responsive and reliable Armorer, and I want him to make a profit and be equally satisfied with our transaction.......Shopping for a Price savings differential? No, not even an issue for me...
Heck,..Just 15 minutes in a totlot makes everyone equal...:?:

You can develop a relationship with some of the Sponsors here, a lot of them are just like us, committed to the Sport, Hunters, Knowledgeable about the gear and trends, Family Men......Find somebody you like to talk to that satisfies your detecting needs and you feel comfortable with...then, give them all your business...dont worry about the pennies...plenty of them out there for you to find...

I've gone through Phil @ Myers, Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies & Jerry @ Antique Detectors. All have been great, fast. good deals. I've never heard a complaint about any of the current sponsors on this site.

I've gone through Phil @ Myers, Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies & Jerry @ Antique Detectors. All have been great, fast. good deals. I've never heard a complaint about any of the current sponsors on this site.

Thumbs up to Phil too! I need to order again as my t-shirts seen better days!!!

Phil Myers and DetectingMO are both great. I’ve bought 6 MDs between the two. Great prices and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on detectingMO! I have purchased 2 detectors, 3 pointers a few coils and other items from Craig, always a pleasure and great deal!
showmetreasure.com

Do any of the sponsors ship international ?

That's the hard part of metal detecting and living in certain countries overseas. I'm in Japan and a lot of dealers won't ship overseas and the few dealers here are way overpriced.

That's the hard part of metal detecting and living in certain countries overseas. I'm in Japan and a lot of dealers won't ship overseas and the few dealers here are way overpriced.

a sponsor willing to ship international would be great. USPS priority mail with buyer paying. I know some manufacturer won't allow it but others do

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom