Seek and ye shall find.

Doug

Elite Member
I had a few hours on a local partially washed out beach today.

With the gale force winds being in the west all week the wind moved the sand from 'wrong' end of the beach for me.

But it was all good fun and I was just glad to be able to get out for a few hours.

Thanks for looking..........Doug.

The swimmers and sunbathers are in summertime at the other end of this beach from this location..
oyfHHlN.jpg

All decimal and pre-decimal British coins.
AEGnAXI.jpg

XWR2nH2.jpg

gAMHeCb.jpg

PLmdBCn.jpg

So no detector needed just your eyes or did you detect the cracks?

Looks like you also could find gold rings in there. Nice

Some would drool to have the sand gone to the hard pan. Most on the Florida coast come to mind.

So no detector needed just your eyes or did you detect the cracks?

Looks like you also could find gold rings in there. Nice

Some would drool to have the sand gone to the hard pan. Most on the Florida coast come to mind.

I did have my Minelab with me, the first coin I heard with the machine, was convinced it was a ring, the rest was eyes only.

I had quite a few coins and fishing weights in and around the boulders with my machine.

Several years ago I had a gold pocket watch from the same location, possibly came out from the field at the top of the cliff?

Doug I'm wondering why you hunt the beaches in the winter. Isn't this when your fields are available? Or is it because there is lots of erosion and lower tides??

I LOVE those in-situ coins, resting in their settle/trap zones. Thanx !

Now that is a beach with lots of sand removal!! Happy for you my friend!

Thanks Ron.

Doug I'm wondering why you hunt the beaches in the winter. Isn't this when your fields are available? Or is it because there is lots of erosion and lower tides??

Bit of both Debby, out on a club dig yesterday over in Devon, temperature down to 0c and the bottom half of the field very wet indeed.

Photos from this week, both locations local to me. (below)

Great pictures!

Thanks, Doug. :)

Thanks Boris.

agreed, love the pictures.

That erosion is fantastic.

Thanks.

I LOVE those in-situ coins, resting in their settle/trap zones. Thanx !

Thanks Tom.

W5FpFQk.jpg

qncWMeu.jpg

A good sign when the lead comes up.
hkcVaqZ.jpg

S2jfk0Z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom