Tropical ice

Canerat

Elite Member
Hi fellow hunters long time no post, had a cracking hunt this evening found 19 rings, 6 silver, 3x18k gold, the rest junk.
It was lovely, found 6 rings in a row one after the other. The diamond ring I found has an 18k stamp, a hallmark that I can't make out, And a stamp that says 070 not too sure what that means ?
I never really find stuff with good size diamonds, so just sell as scrap gold and plat, I'm not really sure what to do with this thing or what it could be worth.

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 690
Amazing hunt C- congrats!!! I've seen rings concentrate into one area before and have had a few 10 ring days but 19 is crazy good. Maybe 070 means size 7? Just a guess. You can get an idea of the diamond size by its diameter. :yes:

070 would be the carat size no? .070 of a carat diamond? I never find real diamonds so its just a shot in the dark :laughing: excellent hunt!

That's a great ring with a fatty diamond. Rare to find 1 so big in this area. 070 would be the diamond size 0.70ct. Question is is that the total diamond weight or just the middle stone. Small 1s look to be about 0.02ct or 0.01ct each

Last edited:
DAAAAANG jimmy, heck of a hunt! I have never found that many rings in one hunt, and the diamond one is some nice $$$, awesome!

Real nice haul brother :yes: From that typhoon?
0.70 would be the total carat size of all stones. Have had the large stone size and the smaller stones size marked as well but usually just one mark is the total.

:dingding: That is a :shock: hunt! I don't think I could contain myself if I had 6 rings in a row! :wow:

daaaaaaaaaum, that is a sweet score!!! Congrats!
Thank you.
Amazing hunt C- congrats!!! I've seen rings concentrate into one area before and have had a few 10 ring days but 19 is crazy good. Maybe 070 means size 7? Just a guess. You can get an idea of the diamond size by its diameter. :yes:
Thanks, yes it happens, my beach is full of junk rings I'll often have days where I find 10 or more rings, then I won't find a ring for weeks.
070 would be the carat size no? .070 of a carat diamond? I never find real diamonds so its just a shot in the dark :laughing: excellent hunt!
Thanks.
That's a great ring with a fatty diamond. Rare to find 1 so big in this area. 070 would be the diamond size 0.70ct. Question is is that the total diamond weight or just the middle stone. Small 1s look to be about 0.02ct or 0.01ct each
It must be total demons weight. I actually don't think a local lost this one, it's too big, it fits my pinky most men's rings I find can hardly fit my pinky.
Wowzerrrr, 19 rings in one hunt...awesome!!
That diamond ring is a beauty! :wow:
DL
Thank you.
Wow, that's a crazy hunt! Congrats :)
Thanks.
DAAAAANG jimmy, heck of a hunt! I have never found that many rings in one hunt, and the diamond one is some nice $$$, awesome!
Thanks Zee, things have been terrible for about 6 months.

Very sweet! Love the gold ring in picture 1! Nice hunt. :grin:
Thank you.

Real nice haul brother :yes: From that typhoon?
0.70 would be the total carat size of all stones. Have had the large stone size and the smaller stones size marked as well but usually just one mark is the total.
Thanks. Yes the typhoon didn't hit us but it's brought massive surf, there is about 3 foot of sand missing.

Holy Schmoli.....what a hunt !!
Thank you.
What was the deal there? Big storm blew open the treasure vault? Man! You Killed it!
Yes, a lot of sand is missing, but just not enough for the real heavy stuff, the 24k is another few foot down, maybe tonight I'll get some, today will be the last of the big surf
:dingding: That is a :shock: hunt! I don't think I could contain myself if I had 6 rings in a row! :wow:
Haha I was panicking because the tide was pushing in and my time was limited, that sucked, I would have found more if I wasn't chased.
Man that’s some sweet hunt there, that diamond ring sure looks amazing too, congrats!
Thank you.
+1.....That is correct.
Thanks.

19 rings???? :shock: I think thats a record somewhere. Id be lucky to find that in a season. Major congrats!

OMG ! Now thats a hunt to remember 19 rings thats insane and that big ol diamond ring should bring a pretty penny wowzers wtg man and congrats you killed it .

A jeweler (gemologist) can give you an appraisal of the value of the diamond ring. Of course they do charge for the service. I have been quoted 50 to 85 dollars for the written appraisal.

Back
Top Bottom