NY parks "hit list" released

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Well... here we go....

State releases parks hit list, 9 sites in CNY targeted

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/clark_reservation_fort_ontario.html

State officials have recommended shuttering six state parks, one public swimming beach and two historic sites in Central New York in an effort to close the state's expected $8.2 billion budget deficit.

The proposed local closures include:

* Chittenango Falls State Park in Madison County
* Clark Reservation State Park in Onondaga County
* Helen McNitt State Park in Madison County
* Old Erie Canal State Park in Onondaga County
* Pixley Falls State Park in Oneida County
* Selkirk Shores State Park public swimming beach in Oswego County
* Springbrook Greens State Park in Cayuga County
* Fort Ontario State Historic Site in Oswego County
* Oriskany Battlefield/Steuben Historic Site in Oneida County

See a complete list of proposed park closures

For now, the closures are only recommendations. The Legislature will decide the ultimate fate of the parks when lawmakers vote on a state budget. The deadline for that vote is April 1.

I wonder exactly what this is going to entail? No access? Barricaded? Keep out? No trespassing signs?

I suspect we'll be seeing alot of state park closures because of "budget constraints"

carol two of those parks you posted are on my permit as off limits to md so no loss there as far as mding goes but they are very beautiful parks would realy be a shame to see them close :(:(

What are they going to do with them if they close them down?
Two of those are close to where I grew up and would be a shame to have them close. If they leave the parks and get rid of the employee's that would be no big deal. If they lock the grounds to public use then that would would be a very bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom