Nokta Fors gold vs AT pro

bzbadger

First I want to say im not bad mouthing any machine and that I started out with a Garrett and been a fan of that company since day one.

I normally use an ATP for all my hunting but got the desire for more so I watched videos on YouTube about the Nokta after hearing about this odd machine and it piqued my interest. I saw Nokta had dropped the price by 70% to encourage American buyers so I snapped one up.

As soon as I got it I noticed a huge difference on build quality even against Garrett which is saying something. The separation of targets is much easier and cleaner. Target id is easier as the vid stays on 2 numbers if its a good target. The depth from the Nokta's standard 11x7 DD coil cant be matched by the ATP unless a large Nel coil is used. Sensitivity of the nokta is unreal. Many people are saying this machine is a Deus without the Bluetooth and I have to agree ad I've seen them both in action. The recovery speed on the ATP is quick but the Nokta is just so much quicker and cleaner. Not to offend owners but the Nokta is to an ATP as an ATP is to a cheap bounty hunter.

I still have my ATP and will never sell it, I will continue to use it, I love that machine and know it well but the Nokta Fors gold or core is the machine to go to in my opinion as it outguns most I've seen and had. Its showing itself to do so on several YouTube videos and at hunts I've been on where I walk behind ppl with ctx, f75 ,v3is and find targets. Can it be operator error,sure but then again with this Nokta im new to it and still learning, heck I haven't taken out of the weakest setting yet so I can't wait to see what ill find then.

Plz, im not saying the AT is bad im saying its good, its great but the Nokta company seems to have taken 5 best machines grabbed the good things from them and put them in their machine including things from the AT. Go online and check the machine out, you may be surprised.

"I noticed a huge difference on build quality"

The quality of the gear coming out of Turkey is of a very high standard indeed

Did you get the small coil BZ? If not rob a bank, steal the kids lemonade stand money, get one. As quite a few have been saying, the stock coil is another level of detecting on the Turk machines. The small coil is in heavy trash is not even approached by what we have on the market at this time, any machine, doesn't matter how much it cost, or what brand. You have to see one in heavy trash or own one to see the difference. Very humbling machines when you know what I know.

Ya but is it waterproof or made in America! No! So it must be junk then! I'm joking. Sounds like a sweet little machine. Didn't know they dropped the price on them. I do have a question. Does having your main screen on the side of the detector get annoying. Can you read it?

i have an at pro but have been thinking i need a back up for my back up (who doesnt) i have been thinking about the Nokta FORS CoRe or the racer but would like to see more reviews

As soon as they make a machine that finds this kind of stuff (two seasons worth of gold, most of it anyway) I'll maybe think about it....

IMG_6573_zps61fa853f.jpg

IMG_6578_zps8943a94b.jpg

attachment_zpsmh14yjpg.jpg

IMG_4802_zps923f220b.jpg

:D

<*)))>{

Nokta right now is probably one of the main machines specifically the Fors gold for finding gold in many other countries besides America, they use it a lot in Africa in that horrible red irony clay they have.

As far as the main display being on the side I've actually found it nice since its mainly used to set up the machine its kind of set it it and forget it, the jet fighter joystick handle you hold has that mini screen that shows your ground balance, the vdi and depth and has the button for GB and trigger for pin point plus a little toggle switch for a really bright led light.

Kellyco and now two other places sell nokta so they're gaining momentum and the more ppl that get them and see what the deal is the more machines I think they will replace. I've never had a more sturdy,well built and steady running machine than this. I love my AT pro but this nokta just puts my baby to shame I wish Garrett would build something like this I bet it would outsell everything but they're so slow to bring stuff up to speed I mean just look how long it took them to get the new orange pin pointer out and its still having problems. Heck I even bought the nokta pin pointer now and its waterproof and has some crazy coil disconnect thing inside so your big detector doesn't recognize your pin pointer as a target, do American pointers do that..nope. America needs to stop thinking out !!!! doesn't stink and we have the best of everything..just because we say so doesn't mean its true. I think its funny how we say world champs when it comes to basketball,football and baseball when we only play inside America. I think its that mentality that has some companies lagging behind. Didn't mean to rant but I think our main detector manufacturing companies have been sitting back and not putting out what they could.

Competition is good for the hobby, companies like Nokta, Makro, and XP will force older companies to put out new and better detectors...

What if "the older company's" picked up their copy of the competition and took it to the back room for a little (reverse engineering) and then said we thought about it then we laughed about it and we forgot about it? There just does not seem to be a lot of counter units being produced by "the older companies" maybe they are just not to worried.:?:

As soon as they make a machine that finds this kind of stuff (two seasons worth of gold, most of it anyway) I'll maybe think about it....

IMG_6573_zps61fa853f.jpg

IMG_6578_zps8943a94b.jpg

attachment_zpsmh14yjpg.jpg

IMG_4802_zps923f220b.jpg

:D

<*)))>{

Ya know, without a doubt everytime I read the forums it seems anything gold/jewlery was always found under a ATP, and I think the machines in everyones taglines are all great but it just seems the ATP never fails. So I agree, time to see actual results from the new machines. I don't know if I could swing the weight of the ATP nowadays but I might just spring for the carbon fibre shaft I've seen and get one, and if too much I'll just get one of the bikini girls on the beach to help out ....:D Wow now that's a thought

Make no mistake about it. All companies are aware of what the competition is producing/doing/offering. If they are not, oh well not good business practice imo. It seems the machines from abroad have discovered this rolling'blending tones. Something not found on many US made detectors. Separation also seems to be their primary focus with new engineering. It works, no doubt about it. I've witnessed with my own eyes and my own machines. One of the big questions that I feel still hasn't been answered by the US detector makers, is how fast can they hatch an idea/engineer and put it out to the public??? Case in point, the Makro Racer was originally designed with a 5x10" coil and word spread fast with folks in the detecting public dissatisfied. When Makro broke this news, it was only a matter of a few days, they hatched a 7x11" coil, and then it was used to do actual Racer testing by testers. There were other things that the detecting public had mentioned and these too were looked at and actions were taken (swiftly I might add). So I feel it's just not what a company can engineer/develop, but how nimble is the company in addressing and providing updates/changes?? Folks remember Makro, Nokta, Xp are what seems on the other side of the world. Would you believe it?? I wouldn't. And don't forget about Minelab, they are foreign too. And they have flourished in the USA. You know, I commented on another forum and made this comparison, and I think it applies. Remember back in the 1980's the words Datsun, Nissan, Toyota, and Honda. I remember. Most folks around here wouldn't be caught dead in one of them.
They were old Chevy, Ford, and Dodge fans, Buy US made not the Japanese junk. What happened??? Do you see any Toyotas, Nissans, and Hondas on the road these days??? I truly believe Ford, GM, and Dodge back in the 1980s and early 1990s weren't worried either. What happened? Did they depend on brand(country) loyalty and get damaged, in doing so let other auto makers in the market? And now there's even more with South Korea putting out some quality autos and they are even cutting into the other foreign auto makers market right here in the good ole USA. Could something similar happen to some of the older detector makers here in the USA???
And if Nokta/Makro/Xp/Minelab from all aspects start to dominate the US market leaving companies like Garret. Fisher, Tesoro, White's behind. Could a new company start up and bring even some more exciting detectors to bear and cut into XP,Nokta, Makro and Minelab market share??? Needless to say the competition is more fierce these days and the World is a lot smaller, thanks to internet, UPS, Fed Ex, airplanes, ships, cell phones, video cameras, and satellites.

Well the makro and nokta being same company they certainly know how to market their products. The racer for the everyday standard style user and the nokta Fors for the person used to the bigger box unit user. While both mimic each other the Fors gold is a gold bloodhound plus it finds relic and coins but the racer is close behind on gold.

These machines, nokta, makro, deus all have put the engineering effort in and produced some extremely well crafted, deep seeking, accurate products available and American manufacturing better take their fingers out of whatever orifices they have them in or get caught out in the rain.

:badrain: and let us not forget the millions lost in working capital to the counterfeits last year that could have been used to produce newer machines this year by our tried and trusted manufacturers

It won't even matter if us ATP users get caught in the rain...see you there... or... not

:lol:

Oh believe me I will be there with my ATP. I have found more with my AT than anything else and I know the abuse it can take. I know Garrett as good as they are could make something better than my Nokta Fors gold and I would love it because it comes from my favorite company that I trust.

One thing I don't like about this thread is your comparing an entry level detector/mid level detector with a mid level detector/high end. Ya I get it that they lowered the price on the fors core. But originally last year when I was looking at one they were retailing for $1200. Which was double what an at pro is. So really it would be like comparing the at pro to something half the price like an ace 250 or bounty hunter or f2. So does the Nokta perform better than the ATP well I sure as hell hope so for all the people that bought one for $1200.

Back
Top Bottom