Newbie looking for a lost diamond earing

J

jim2000

I have done very little metal detecting in the past and a neighbor lost a pair of diamond earrings. I borrowed my dads White spectrum XLT because I figured my cheap Radio Shack detector would not have a chance of finding them. Can anyone give me advice on if this detector will find something this small and if so what type settings I should use. I have it for about 3 days until I want to take it back. My dad got the detector for retirement but has very little experience with it. The backs are not with the earrings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well it sounds like you have a general idea of where to look. I would search in all metal mode. Since you are searching on the surface, maybe just under grass, then hunt with sensitivity very low to avoid hitting multiple signals. Good luck.

I think Diggler has it right but you will dig everything. Also , if you can find a similar itme check it first on that item. The screen will be of little use unless you watch where your test target ID's. It may be close to that number.

Back
Top Bottom