National treasure found today!!!

About a month ago I saw a bobcat around midnight, about 100' from my driveway. It walked across the road in front of my high beams all nonchalant like. Makes me second guess hunting at night.
Great post thanks for sharing!

Want to borrow my bear? His name is Maurice. Why Maurice? What else would you call a bear? It is because of him I can't have nice bird feeders.

Awesome post thanks for sharing. There are a lot of eagle here where I live this time of year and I always enjoy watching them. I saw one the other day while I was in the water hunting. He swooped down to the water and snagged up something and flew off.

Awesome Job I have been fairly close to one as well but it wasnt in the wild it was at an aquarium. They are alot bigger then you think

We have to take ours in at night.

Not sure where in the 'Burg you are - we may have a problem with the same bear. Ours is a male, ~275lb or so. He roams throughout the Flat Rock reservation and then some between Fitchburg and Ashby and maybe part of Ashburnham. Other than the bird feeders, Maurice seems to be fairly well behaved.

The eagles will gorge their self till they can't fly, I've watched them feed on deer carcasses till their bloated. It's quite funny watching them hop around for a while till they lighten up their stomach.

Very cool experience for you and your son. A National Treasure for sure!

As I recall, they use a process called chelation (SP?) I hd a marine biologist friend who used to do this with ducks in Louisiana. sort of a dialysis for wildlife.

Chelation is correct. It works on people too to pull heavy metals. There are several ways it can be administered from skin contact pads, all the way to full IV.

Eagle

What a great story and thank you for knowing who to call. I've watched Bald Eagles swoop down and catch fish in Montana while I was fishing. Not to change the subject, I watched an Osprey catch a trout, on the Missouri River near Craig Montana, and the bird circled us while we were fishing for 3 or 4 minutes, squalking (sp) and holding the fish in his talons all the while, and then took off down river a hundred yards or so and started circling another fisherman. I honestly believe that Osprey was showing off his catch.
HH everyone

Make sure you get back to your thread, to tell us good news, that the eagle made it , Earl

I have been in touch with the rehab person and she said that the eagle isn't doing well. It was very far gone when she got it :/ it may not make it back to the wild or at all... Let's keep digging out all that lead people!!
It was "acute lead toxicity" which downed the amazing animal....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To here that, thanks 4 getting back , check yourself & your son 4 deer ticks, i pulled one off my leg , before it got blood, Earl

Yeah, I be had Lymes twice!! I'm lucky though, I react immediately and diagnosis is easy. Others not so much, I do wear spray though... Always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a hawk like that in West Tennessee once. Acted like he was drunk, took it home to try and help it. After a while it got better and flew away. We thought it got into some fermented berries. This was on the Tennessee River and after hearing this story about the bad fish, maybe thats what it was. Cute son you have, and a neat story to tell too.

Back
Top Bottom