After Getting Yelled At I Did Some Serious Digging Today

beephead

Elite Member
A couple of days ago I was setting my detector and other equipment out of my SUV to do a curb and sidewalk strip when a car pulled up to the house next door. With all the traffic noise all I could hear was someone yelling at me. I figured that they was upset with me about to do some detecting.

I walked toward the person yelling at me and I finally heard her say, "you can detect my yard if you want to". I thanked the young beautiful redhead and I handed her a couple of key chain lights and told her how sweet she was for letting me detect her yard.

Anyhow, about 5 minutes into detecting her yard it started raining and I had to call it a day. Today I went back to that site to do some serious detecting. I found both silver coins and some other stuff with the AT Pro using the Pro Zero Mode with the sensitivity set at 85.

The majority of the coins that I found today was with the Nokta Fors Core going behind the At Pro. That detector is fast as greased lightening and does a great job at unmasking targets even with the larger search coil. All the talk about this detector isn't just hype. I can't wait to get a small search coil for it.

We have rain in the forecast for the next few days. It will give me a chance to rest up. I did a lot of digging today!

beephead

Attachments

• AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 001.jpg
    AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 001.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 775
  • AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 002.jpg
    AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 002.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 761
  • AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 004.jpg
    AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 004.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 762
  • AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 006.jpg
    AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 006.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 761
  • AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 014.jpg
    AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 014.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 789
  • AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 007.jpg
    AT Pro Silver Quarter & Mercury 007.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 732
That's funny and a good lesson to assume the best first before getting defensive. My first inclination in all honesty is to assume the worst and be defensive (not a good trait I know). That's so cool she recognized your passion and asked you to search her property!

Love that Merc! We really want to find one of those but they keep eluding us.

Congrats on the hunt!

You silver-tongued devil pun intended sweet talking her and giving gifts I guess some guys will do anything for a place to dig I know I would good luck

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Great post: looks like you had a fun day. Congrats on the silver! :thumbsup:

How would you compare the Nokta Fors Core to your f75ltd?

Beep, you are the undisputed king of permissions , you got some glow or something about you, people go out of their way to offer you their yard to detect. If i ever get to retire and you are still hunting i am gonna move next door to you and learn from the Master! And nice finds too:grin:

Nice story and nice hunt.

That FORS CoRe unit,,,gotta watch that one,,sneaky machine.
Wait till you run the smaller coil on it,,,scary in iron and nails.

Congrats

Great post: looks like you had a fun day. Congrats on the silver! :thumbsup:

How would you compare the Nokta Fors Core to your f75ltd?
Thanks! I haven't had enough time swinging the Nokta Fors Core to give an honest opinion. I'll say this though, the Nokta Fors Core is super fun to use.

That's a lot of coins!
Thanks! I'm really sore today. I dug a lot of trash to become familiar with the Nokta Fors Core VDI and audio tones.

Nice story and nice hunt.

That FORS CoRe unit,,,gotta watch that one,,sneaky machine.
Wait till you run the smaller coil on it,,,scary in iron and nails.

Congrats

Thanks! I'm in the market for a good used smaller 5 inch search coil and lower rod. I wish they'd make a NEL Sharpshooter search coil for it. BTW, I like the Nokta Fors Core better than the Makro Racer 2. It runs a lot smoother, quieter, faster and it's better balanced using the larger search coil.

beephead

Wow, what a pile you have. Congrats on finding silver.
Thanks! I'm really surprised that I didn't find more silver at this mid-fifties home. I was clearing away the trash and modern coins in hopes of unmasking some silver. A zinc penny or screw cap will mask silver coins laying under them, so you have to remove them to properly detect a site.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom