1st Hunt of 2017=1st Gold of 2017!

Compass

Forum Supporter
The "king tides" this week encouraged me to do a weekday, after-work hunt even though the winds and swell were not as favorable as I would have liked. On my third stop and after walking about a half-mile I finally found a couple pockets of targets that produced enough quarters and copper pennies to give me hope of finding some of the good metal.
As darkness set in I felt a smooth penny sized target in the bottom of my scoop. I turned on my headlamp and it did look gold but I've been fooled so many times in artificial light before that I still wasn't convinced until I looked at the back and could make out the "14K" stamp!
I also found a silver earring and "Gerber" pocket knife along with about $8 in clad so it was a fun hunt despite an intermittent light rain. At times the clouds would part and a beautiful large moon would illuminate the area like someone had turned on a nearby light. An empty, peaceful beach with enough targets to dig- I love it when it's like that! :yes:
picture.php

picture.php

GL & HH!

Nice Compass!!! I am going to go tomorrow for the negative low tide just before dark, hopefully get into something too...... ;)

:dingding: Gold, a nice pocket knife and enough change for a couple of beers - that's a man's hunt!

Nice gold!!!
Thanks Ron, The 4 month slump is officially over. :yes:

Love the sub...smiles.

Nice hunt....still too cold here for me to get out.

HDD
Thanks HDD, I'm a sub vet so it seems a fitting "mascot". ;)

Very nice.

Congrats
Thank you sharpshooter. :grin:

George....that is one heck of a hunt !! That gold pendant is really nice....congrats !!
Thanks Jeff, I was hoping to find the twin sister to that diamond ring you just found but I'm happy to end my gold drought! :yes:

That's a great days finds Compass. Gives a guy hope.
Thanks Dog, I know I get motivated by many of the posts here too!

Awesome, congrats! :cool:
Thanks Irons, Nice to get out again. :yes:

Nice Compass!!! I am going to go tomorrow for the negative low tide just before dark, hopefully get into something too...... ;)
Thanks V, Hopefully, today's high tide moved a little more sand around. :yes: Good luck out there. :yes:

:dingding: Gold, a nice pocket knife and enough change for a couple of beers - that's a man's hunt!
Thanks Felix, Any hunt that pays for gas is a great hunt! :yes:

I was going to say the same....Gold is pretty but I really like the sub.
Me too. That's why I bought it on E-Bay. :yes:

nice gold... the knife looks good quality too
Thanks Steve, The knife definitely still has a lot of mileage left on it. :grin:

Nice George... good looking medallion... did you find that sub?
Thanks Craig, I wish I did find it. Mud puppy posted an identical sub that he had found and I liked it so much I bought one. :yes:

Congrats on the chedda!
Thank cellr, Nice to find the yellow metal again. :D

Nice work on the gold. I wanted to get out but just could not get away.

strick

Back
Top Bottom