unknown school

bugman

I was visiting with a customer today and I had found a site with historic school sites and knew there was one close to his place.I asked him if he had ever heard of an old school that sat on the highway by his farm, he says yeah its in my hay meadow. So I tell him no this one was on the highway, so he tells me I don't know about that one but I had to move all the old bricks from the one in my hay meadow, ill show ya right where it was. I told him as soon as it cooled down I would be back.......................don't know if I can wait that long.
this spot is a mile or 2 from the one I read about and must be much older.

Good luck on your new permission, and around here, schools usually were about 2 miles apart more often than not, at least they were before "consolidating" :)

Can't wait to see what you find!:cool:

I was visiting with a customer today and I had found a site with historic school sites and knew there was one close to his place.I asked him if he had ever heard of an old school that sat on the highway by his farm, he says yeah its in my hay meadow. So I tell him no this one was on the highway, so he tells me I don't know about that one but I had to move all the old bricks from the one in my hay meadow, ill show ya right where it was. I told him as soon as it cooled down I would be back.......................don't know if I can wait that long.
this spot is a mile or 2 from the one I read about and must be much older.

Great permission, good luck and keep us posted. Id agree with Nectar, not the same building, most those surveys wouldn't have been off that far.

Do you mind sharing the website with the school info?

the website is " satelliteviews.net" I just selected my state , county. I slso located a few "ghost" towns in my area. its pretty cool , don't know how accurate the info is though.

update

OK first cold front of the year came through and I hit that school for about 2 hours. heres the finds. 1918 v nickel, no date v nickel, no date buffalo,1915,1920,1936,1942,1919, wheats. general service button backmark American button co Newark nj. they were out of business by 1920 so im guessing ww1.pocket knife and the best for last a 14k gold pin with "aw" on the front

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 486
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 490
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 484
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 488
the website is " satelliteviews.net" I just selected my state , county. I slso located a few "ghost" towns in my area. its pretty cool , don't know how accurate the info is though.

Very cool, thanks so much for sharing!

Great finds too sir!

Thanks
I knew that info was out there, just couldn't find it. want to go to a lot of the old schools in my area.

Those are some great finds and I hope you go back and spend more time. Are you also digging iron nails and gun shells?

WTG there Bug
Any info on the ''AW'' pin?
Looks like you've got yourself an awesome site.
Have you been back?

Back
Top Bottom