• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ENDED * FMDF Donation Challenge* Winner Anounced. Look at first post!!!

SavingThePast

Forum Supporter
We have a Winner! Thanks to all who participated!!

"FMDF Donation Challenge"
Hey all, I have been wanting to do something for the forum to Thank Vlad and Carol for all their work at giving us all a great place to talk about what all of us here love. I have got together with a few really good people and we have come up with a pretty darn nice goodie package that we are going to give while in turn hopefully helping out the forum. Here is all that is needed to do in order to enter and have a shot at this nice little prize package....

Make a post stating you want entered. If you can afford to donate please do so by going to the link below or go to the donate button at the top of the page...

To make a donation to friendly(minimum of $5.00 but I would appreciate that if you can afford to give more to do so). http://metaldetectingforum.com/misc.php?do=donate

I have spoke with Vlad and he is going to give me a weekly updated list of all members who have donated that week and I will try to keep up with the entries made in the thread by anyone who cannot/did not donate. After I receive the list I will put it into this original post and then each person will have a # next to your name. If you donate please do not enter the challenge in a post reply. When Vlad sends me the list of donators you will be added. After the challenge is over I will do a video showing me enter the total amount of entries into a random number generator online so nobody has to worry about not having a fair shot at the prize! Once the winner is chosen I will get that persons full shipping info and I will ship the items in my possession and then I will send your address to the other donators for your remaining items to be shipped to you directly from them.
Its simple enough and lets all do what we can to say THANKS!!!

Here are the challenge guidelines.
Each person receives one entry. (You cannot earn multiple entries but feel free to make multiple donations :lol:)
Challenge is limited to persons with a USA shipping address only.
The Challenge will start tonight(6/2) at 11:59pm Eastern time and run through June 30th at 11:59pm eastern time. Please make your donation between those dates and times if you can afford to do so. The video will be done and uploaded within a couple days after the end time and I will announce the Winner here.

Now for the fun part. Here is what we have for the prize pack.

STP(myself) & Larry@NWI Detectors http://nwidetectors.com

STP QR Armstrap, Whites Starlite Headphones, Minelab Canvas Trash/Treasure Apron, Minelab Tote Bag, XP Metal Detectors Hat, Red Anodized Mini Led Flashlight and Treasure Wise 3 in 1 Digging Knife(see photo in my next post below)

BUZZ WILSON & Ed@Treasure Mountain Detectors http://treasuremtndetectors.com

Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath which holds your Digger and Pinpointer, a stand alone Digger Sheath, Minelab Hat Please note: Garrett propointer and Lesche digger in photo are not included.

I would like to give all those guys a big:urock: for their kind donations to help make this happen!

I hope everyone who can, takes the opportunity to support the forum! Look at the nice little package you could end up with!!!

Attachments

• araffle.jpg
    araffle.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 696
  • araffle2.jpg
    araffle2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 692
  • araffle3.jpg
    araffle3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 685
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
I remember something like this taking place last year, and if I remember correctly, people kept donating items, until it was a ridiculously large pile of stuff!
Would you be interested in having people donate additional items here?

I remember something like this taking place last year, and if I remember correctly, people kept donating items, until it was a ridiculously large pile of stuff!
Would you be interested in having people donate additional items here?

as long as everyone who donates agrees to ship their item to the winning member at no charge I am all for it! As a matter of fact Larry@NWI sent me an email and he is adding in a Treasure Wise 3 in 1 Digging Knife on top of his other donations already listed! Simply AWESOME so add it to the list!

Thank you for your support guys, that's very nice of you!
I have first member who have donated today fishnnut
Not sure if he saw this thread or not but I think all who have donated between today and June 30th will be included.

Not sure if he saw this thread or not but I think all who have donated between today and June 30th will be included.

Thank You and Carol!
Looks like we have our first Entry! I am going to use this post to keep the list as it gets updated so here we go....,(if you donate and your name isnt listed within a week, let me know and I will contact Vlad)

Member Entry List

1)fishnut
2)Hdnsouth
3)GroundSweeper
4)MD-Mainiac
5)stinger
6)Mr Mud
7)SueK
8)hunterinmontana
9)Stevo
10)Txdirtfisher
11)Mottz
12)AIRFORCEMIKE
13)Ladyluck
14)matmit
15)DW0378
16)predrunner
17)Dakotademon7
18)papaharley03
19)LIBear
20)CoinDetecting
21)mexistamps
22)Detector
23)54shooter

Last edited:
I'm cool with $5. It's worth it to just help this forum. I get better help here then on other forums.

I agree. I am on this board more than all others combined and I know its no easy task for them to keep up with. They dont ask for a dime while a couple other boards I used to frequent made pyment mandatory. Some way up in the $25/30 per year range. Heck, its hard to find a fast food combo meal for less than $5 these days..

I hate to be a party pooper but aren't 'for profit' raffles illegal on public forums? I remember threads in the past where people wanted to start them and were turned down.

Definitely not trying to start trouble, just asking. I'm all for supporting this great forum! :yes:

I hate to be a party pooper but aren't 'for profit' raffles illegal on public forums? I remember threads in the past where people wanted to start them and were turned down.

Definitely not trying to start trouble, just asking. I'm all for supporting this great forum! :yes:

its not a raffle. Its a challenge Stewart:lol:. I think the rules were meant for members having raffles and getting the proceeds themselves whereas I nor the other donators will not see a dime and it goes straight to the board.

Edit, I just searched the net and it looks like you may be right. I will contact Vlad and we may have to change it up a little..

I agree. I am on this board more than all others combined and I know its no easy task for them to keep up with. They dont ask for a dime while a couple other boards I used to frequent made pyment mandatory. Some way up in the $25/30 per year range. Heck, its hard to find a fast food combo meal for less than $5 these days..

I know what your saying. There is one forum for my detector that wants $35. I'm not paying that to start a thread. I have been on forums of many kinds and I must say this is one of the best when it comes to how it's ran. Very good respectful members here.

its not a raffle. Its a challenge Stewart:lol:. I think the rules were meant for members having raffles and getting the proceeds themselves whereas I nor the other donators will not see a dime and it goes straight to the board.

I don't mean forum rules, I mean actual laws. I think in some states raffles fall under the gaming laws of that state. If you're taking money from individuals who then have a chance to win donated prizes then yes, it's a 'for profit' raffle (the money is going to an individual or individuals...whether they choose to use it to then support the forum or not I would think is legally beside the point).

If I were you guys I'd at least take the words "raffle" out of the description just to cover yourselves...it can just be a call for donations with a random draw for an 'appreciation gift' at the end. :D

A quick Google of "forum raffle legal" or "online raffle laws" will show that it's a pretty well-discussed topic.

I don't mean forum rules, I mean actual laws. I think in some states raffles fall under the gaming laws of that state. If you're taking money from individuals who then have a chance to win donated prizes then yes, it's a 'for profit' raffle (the money is going to an individual or individuals...whether they choose to use it to then support the forum or not I would think is legally beside the point).

If I were you guys I'd at least take the words "raffle" out of the description just to cover yourselves...it can just be a call for donations with a random draw for an 'appreciation gift' at the end. :D

A quick Google of "forum raffle legal" or "online raffle laws" will show that it's a pretty well-discussed topic.

yeah, i had edited my reply to you but looks like you replied before the correction was made. Look at the updated challenge and see if it looks good to go now...

I found this and want to enter but as you are aware I don't use pay pal and have mailed my donations to you would I still have time to enter. Thanks.

I found this and want to enter but as you are aware I don't use pay pal and have mailed my donations to you would I still have time to enter. Thanks.

hey hdn, There is no donation required to enter but please feel free to mail a donation to the site..:D I will enter you onto the list now..

Last edited:
Hmmm. I donated recently just out of the goodness of my heart

I dont see how this is fair anyway...donate money for a chance at winning a raffle. I agree about questioning the legality in this.

I could do the same you all donate $1 for a digger....I get $5000 then do a drawing for the digger. ....I get $5000 and you get a $20 digger.

Same here....

Like others said this was turned down when others tried to do it.

Not to mention that its unfair to others that donate just to do it.

Hmmm. I donated recently just out of the goodness of my heart

I dont see how this is fair anyway...donate money for a chance at winning a raffle. I agree about questioning the legality in this.

I could do the same you all donate $1 for a digger....I get $5000 then do a drawing for the digger. ....I get $5000 and you get a $20 digger.

Same here....

Like others said this was turned down when others tried to do it.

Not to mention that its unfair to others that donate just to do it.

what are you talking about? If you look at the original post you will see it was updated hours ago and you DO NOT have to donate...

and by the way, there is a big difference for a member to do it to make money as oppsoed to all the proceeds going to the forum owners who spend alot of time and money keeping this place running so people like yourself can come here and post...

hey hdn, There is no donation required to enter but please feel free to mail a donation to the site..:D I will enter you onto the list now..
Thank you for entering me in the contest. I've been donating periodically for a while now not that you would have anyway of knowing that. When I hit the donate tab pay pal was the only option and I don't use them so I contacted Vlad and he gave me an address to send donation's to sorry that I misunderstood the format of the contest and thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom