Fisher F5 vs Garrett AT Pro..which for a beginner?....Thanx

I'd go with the AT Pro. I love mine. I have zero experience with F5 however.

Also, welcome from Louisiana!

Both have the same performance,at pro would be easier to learn.More adjustments on the f5 if you like to tweak things.If so look into the F75, way more machine for the price of a at pro.

Both have the same performance,at pro would be easier to learn.More adjustments on the f5 if you like to tweak things.If so look into the F75, way more machine for the price of a at pro.

+1 ^

I got both the AT Pro (1st) and then the Fisher F75 (2nd). The AT Pro will definitely be easier for you to learn on. The F75 is indeed, a lot more machine for about the same price, especially the 85th anniversary edition / package, if that one is still available.

Good Luck !

I currently own an AT Pro and use the Fisher F5 for a year I can confidently say that the Fisher F5 is not a beginner detector.

Likewise with their stock setup the Fisher will be about 3 inches less depth on average.

f5 is a very versatile machine with the individual threshold and gain adjustment you can make with the knobs but if you do not understand what you are doing you can very easily end up with an unstable machine which equals frustration.

Another issue I had with the Fisher F5 is that after digging a plug I would go pick my machine up and it's very easy to hit those knobs with your thumb and change the adjustments on your detector one time I accidentally discriminated out nickels and didn't even realize it until later

Of the two I would suggest the AT Pro 4 out of 5 times

Back
Top Bottom