Harborfreight wireless heaphones?

I bought some masking tape at HF a couple years ago. When I got home I tried using it, but it was so old/cheap you couldn't even get it off the roll without it being in shreads.

I returned both rolls for a refund, and was charged a "restocking fee", even though it was junk. I have no doubt it was actually put back into stock.

That was my last HF shopping experience.

Only my opinion . But don't mess with harbor freight if your looking to get to the good stuff. Better off spending a few more buc's and buying a good name brand item . Always remember you get what you pay for.:D

Harbor Freight is great for a "1 use and done" item. I bought a hammer drill from there a couple of years ago when I re-tiled my laundry room. Think I paid 60 bucks give or take. Other home stores had similar items for $200 +. I couldn't rent one for the price I paid....just made sense. Did the job, with a quality chisel bit from Lowes. Been on the shelf in the garage ever since. I wouldn't recommend them for anything you plan on using more than a few times. In a way, I look at them as a place to get "disposable" items. Things you don't care that get broken or stop working...Just my opinion. Good luck...

Rotary tumbler

It depends on the item. I purchased a rotary tumbler from HF ~5 years ago. Use it to tumble my clad coins. No issues whatsoever, it works like a champ. That being said, most other HF tools I’d stay away from. I know folks who wished they spent the extra for better quality. I guess You get what you pay for.

I've only purchased items that I would soon be throwing out, gloves, rags, batteries, and such. I never bought any electronic item and wouldn't expect much quality from anything there. But at $8.47 I think I'm gonna try em out. If they work o.k. for 1 season of detecting, I would be happy with that. Thanks for your reply's HH:signals:

111 one star reviews out of 285 total...’nuff said. I’d stay far away from those, personally. I’m a firm believer that you usually get what you pay for - but with reviews like that, it’s a strong sign you’ll actually get less than you pay for with this particular product. It looks like you’re giving them a shot though, so best of luck. Let us know good or bad.

I own quite a few Harbor Freight tools and to be honest they have worked well for me, I bought an$89.00 90amp flux core welder a few years ago and have built 3 bikes including the one pictured and racks and many other things, still works, saws, drills, angle grinders etc, a lot of people poopoo HF but in my experience as a tinkerer they are acceptable.

Attachments

• 858C29EC-2C04-40D0-BA45-CC46EDAE491E.jpg
    858C29EC-2C04-40D0-BA45-CC46EDAE491E.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 443
I didn't realize how big the transmitter is. It will be here next Monday. I'm not sure if I will be able to use it for mding. If I do it should look pretty stupid! If it works I will upload some pics.

I own quite a few Harbor Freight tools and to be honest they have worked well for me, I bought an$89.00 90amp flux core welder a few years ago and have built 3 bikes including the one pictured and racks and many other things, still works, saws, drills, angle grinders etc, a lot of people poopoo HF but in my experience as a tinkerer they are acceptable.

I have a HF pinpointer, a HF drill, and a HF circular saw, all still working fine.

Neat bike by the way ! :thumbsup:

I didn't realize how big the transmitter is. It will be here next Monday. I'm not sure if I will be able to use it for mding. If I do it should look pretty stupid! If it works I will upload some pics.

I wonder if the transmitter has much weight, maybe there's a way to strap it to your detector if it's not too heavy.

I have about the same setup. i bought mine from big Lot several years ago. It runs off of batteries and i never could find a way to use it with my detectors.

There are youtube videos showing them being used with metal detectors , I have seen them. You normally get what you pay for but the claim was they worked pretty good. The large part secured under the detector cuff/stand. I was going to try it myself but never got around to it. For the price , it might just be a worthwhile experiment. Just make sure the one you get has the option of using batteries in the base because there was a rumor that some of them dont. But do some searches on youtube , there are one or more videos on this exact thing.

mod it

I think I will modify the transmitter, after I look around on youtube. The circuit board is probably only 1/3 the size of the unit. I like to tinker so I may cut it up and try to make it work for mding. :mder:

Back
Top Bottom